Specific question with magnets - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    New York
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

43 (x2)

Specific question with magnets

I'm starting my first magnet conversions, and would like to know how you get the magnets to line up?

What I mean is... if the area the magnet is going into is bigger then the magnet itself, how do you make sure you are drilling in the exact center? drill a pilot hole? I would like the two pieces to line up well after I'm done.

Also, what are you using for a drill? I'm using a big hand drill which is not the best for detail work. Also, what type of bit should I be using? I'm just using a regular bit now, but was wondering if a wood hole-boring bit might be better.

2. Remove Advertisements

Breckenridge, CO
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x1)

I use a slow speed mini drill for small projects, or sometimes I just use my hands(especially on things like bolter barrels).

As for positioning, assuming were talking about figures and not vehicles, it's easier on marine models as the shoulder pad can be applied later to cover pilot holes. But on models like imperial gaurd, the best method I've seen is to drill the body first then I make a fill peg that has a needle sticking out, just a bit, which I then use to kind of score the position on the arm.

I'm still rather new to it though so someone might have some better ideas still.
    www.HIGHBATTALION.com - it's a link, you click it.
    "The world will be a better place when the world's resources are used for Giant Robots."

+ Reply to Thread