Painting the lizardmen like a crocodile - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Painting the lizardmen like a crocodile

I saw some miniatures of a game called Wargods of eagyptus. one of the races are the sebeki, the crocodiles. I wonder how easy or how difficult it would be to paint a lizardmen sauri in that way. The site has a rundown on how to paint them. but a saurus is something different, and what about the skinks? any idea how the looks would be on them or on lizardmen in general? Or how them should be looking in that style?
    I would like some oppinions please.

link: crocodile games

MvG, vindicator.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

I can't seem to get to the website to view the paint guide you talked about (I am at work)...

However for crock skin I would use darker and more muted greens. I don't use GW paints but vallejo game color has a darker green called Cayman Green that would work well. I would mix browns in with it and then lighten it with bone or tan colors to give it a more "realistic" look.

Vallejo model colors also has a huge range or more natural colors. You might want to mix a little black in to the darker green for accent scales.

Best thing to do would be to look up some reference pics on the Internet for crocodiles.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

As an aside, I believe that Cayman Green probably is the Vajello version of GW's Catachan Green.

Otherwise, just look at the site, grab as many pics of crocodiles and alligators off google, and try a few test models out

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An extra question, Does someone know how scars look like on reptiles. googleing it didn't return something (yet). And my mail to a forum of retiles lovers didn't return a responce yet.

Operated ones are cut in between the scales, so the scar is almost minimal., I'm looking for pictures of 'natural' ones.
    MvG, vindicator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

They look like scars on anything else.
    They appear like a break or a line where the scales are mismatched and stop and start again - this is on smaller reptiles like lizards and snakes.
    It's difficult to explain!!

On larger scaled animals, they look like a scar on a human, across the scales.

Sorry....don't have any pictures, just experience, as Australia is so reptile abundant!!
    Coulrophobia - Fear the Clown!

ANZAC clan Inquisitor =]A[=

Quote Originally Posted by A mod
    Killer Clown - Please refrain from the dry, mocking, sarcasm you have so wittingly displayed here
    .....flattery is my Achilles' heal.....

+ Reply to Thread