Blue Table Painting - Ohio State University Tau! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blue Table Painting - Ohio State University Tau!

Blue Table Painting

Tau from Ohio State University World?

This was a Tau project with a twist: the client is a OSU student and obviously very dedicated. He asked for a Tau army in his school colors (which actually look very handsome on Tau) and for a kick it would include elements of rival Michigan State (space marines) getting trampled underfoot.

http://www.bluetablepainting.com/vie...galleryID=1017

This project is unusual in that it used Americana craft paints; these most closely matched the exact school colors. The color scheme is pretty simple—Grey primer with two highlights of Slate Grey and Sky Grey. The red is (of all things) Santa Red.

If you look closely you can see some of the Tau letters spell out the school acronym OSU.

As an alternate to flying bases, the Crisis suits feature integration with leftover plastics from a GW Cities of Death kit. Also note the stabilizing feet on the Braodside. This is a clever conversion from the Assembly room—a split burst cannon and the butt of another weapon in the center. Simple yet effective.

All the weapons are magnetized, though you can barely see them. I recommend small magnets from www.amazingmagnets.com

Enjoy!

Eric

Blue Table Painting
    --Miniatures painting service. High quality, good prices, and quick turnaround.
    www.bluetablepainting.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Very nice - I love the way that you guys are able to use inks on your models - If you ever come over the Chicago to run some Workshops count me in!!! LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely colorscheme! He knew what he wanted and it just looks great. Nice job as usual mate.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    282 (x5)

I like the colors. At first they looked really cool. I like the gray it looks good that the colors are shifting. After I checked a bit closer there was a few things I didn’t like that much.

What I don’t really like is the red, It looks a bit messy to me. I don’t know if you tried to get it to look that way. If so then its just a matter of taste. I like a more smooth red. I guess this is quite a fast paint job and consider that they look good.

They have a good table top standard, I guess that was the goal?

The brown/yellow parts looks quite nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

standing on the michigan flag, i love it
    nice job in general as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine
    If you buy a fire prism you get a complete falcon plus the extra bits required to make ti into a complete waste of space

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You realize that, even though they look cool as all get out, this is war. Now away I go to paint my University of Michigan Chaos Marines. Go Blue!

When I get done and post them, we will have our revenge. Oh, yesss.... we will enjoy very much the flesh of the weakling Ohio tau.....:argh:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sacrilege? Now sacrilege is next year when Lysander will be joining my Sons of Malal chaos army. that should be real fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go...
    Go, silly human...
    Paint your little blue army....

When you are done, we Tau shall ridicule you as Ultramarine wanna-be's....

LOL

Eric
    Blue Table Painting
    --Miniatures painting service. High quality, good prices, and quick turnaround.
    www.bluetablepainting.com

+ Reply to Thread