spray painting with snow - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

spray painting with snow

GAH! well here in wyoming we already have just about 4 inches of snow. it is butt numbing cold. and for the most part this wouldnt be a problem but im trying to basecoat the other half of my 40k army. the spraypain guidelines though have a minimum temp guide, which i fall way below of.

it is not expected to get above freezing for about another week or two. and even then it will be very spotty. so i was wondering if anyone had a way that i'de still be able to spraypaint. and unfournatly painting inside isnt an option. the apparptment is just too small to be ventalated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

Ooh, that sounds sucky. I live in California, so I really have no idea how you might get around it. Maybe... see if one of your friends has a nearby ventilated/heated room you could prime in? Or maybe you could... Umm... like, light a fire outside and rime near that? But then again, primer is highly flammable... I dunno. I know how terrible it is to want to paint, but not be able to (I ran out of primer after the first half of a model once. I didn't make it to the hobby shop for 2 weeks.)
    Well, I hope you figure out a way to get around it, good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

You can spray inside - it is possible even in an apartment. I have done it before without any ill effects...

That said if you are unwilling to spray inside I would suggest seeking out a brush on primer. I have used something called Folk Art Glass and Tile medium (cut it 50/50 with water and add ink to tint) to very good effect. It is a glass primer that works very well on figures... otherwise there are other brands of brush on primer (do a search).

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Spray inside, the guys at GW do it all the time inside the store. Open a window spray next to the window facing out and then close the window and let the models dry inside.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

+ Reply to Thread