Kroot - Avian wings? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

Kroot - Avian wings?

Hey guys, I'm starting up a Kroot Mercenaries list, and am going to use about 20 Vulture Kindred (Kroot with wings). Now, after looking at couple of pictures, everybody seems to use reptillian looking wings (dragon-like, scaly, sometimes bat-like). I was thinking, if Kroot are avian, why not have feathered wings blended into the back with GS? Do you guys think this would look OK? I jus think that it would be intersting to see feathery Kroot. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Logically, yes you might be right. But Kroot are only descended from Avians, you might notice they have quills rather than feathers on their bodies - which are hairless. I think fully feathered wings would look out of place, to be honest.

MR.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea even I think I'd prefer giving them winged forelimbs (a bit like a quilled/feathered ptero) instead of two extra appendages sprouting from their back.

What wings would you use though?
    The new warhawk wings cost 5£ a pair, the classic one 4£, the swooping hawks are too metallic... hmm not an easy task

But I'd like them, so much that I might consider doing them myself as a merc unit for my squat... hmmm ....

*goes on muttering to himself with a crazed look*

+ Reply to Thread