Filler??? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Filler???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Filler???

Is it just me or when you read all these books on making scenery it advises you to use things like filler to seal up cut corregated card?

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but when i try use filler to seal card it gets everywhere and causes a hell of a mess that could have been saved if i'd just stuck some paper mache round the edge, so why the hell are we always advised to use filler when its no good????

The above post does not reflect the views of the Admin or staff of librarium-online.com, nor any affiliated entities. Any apparent flaming, spamming, necromancy, stalking or plagiarism is the sole responsibility of the above wench, and any complaints should be addressed accordingly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

There is a bit of an art to using filler properly. If you are mixing your own, make sure you mix it to the right consistancy. If you make it too wet it will slop all over the place, if you make it too dry it just sits there like a hard white mass. If you are having trouble with powder-water fillers you could get some pre-mixed stuff.

Don't worry too much about making a mess when you apply the filler to scenery. It will not be 100% flat unless you spend time making it that way. I like to have it with creases and folds as this provides a more natural-looking surface for terrain. Also, you can sand it down afterwards - so any mess you make when you apply it is not a disaster.

I think filler is better than paper mache as it is a little tougher. However, if you are skilled with paper mache and prefer using it, there is no reason why you cannot just use that instead. If you are intent on using filler then practice a little bit and you will learn how to use it quite quickly. When I first tried to use it I thought the same as you, now I think the stuff is perfect for scenery.

Cheers,
    Rich.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the filler I bought was pre-mixed, and may be a little too thick I think, but I've managed to make it work adequately, I may take that advice there and experiment with it a little, currently though I've found the best use I have for filler is making bomb craters as its easier to mould into shape than paper mache (which is extremely messy and wet!).

Thanks for the advice amigo and I'll be sure to let you know if I get the hang of things!

Ricardo.
    The above post does not reflect the views of the Admin or staff of librarium-online.com, nor any affiliated entities. Any apparent flaming, spamming, necromancy, stalking or plagiarism is the sole responsibility of the above wench, and any complaints should be addressed accordingly.

+ Reply to Thread