Daemonic Prince of Khorne on a bike WIP [pics] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

Daemonic Prince of Khorne on a bike WIP [pics]

Hi,

As stated in the title; A daemonic prince of Khorne on a bike. :yes: I used some arms from the mutation sprue and a head of that same sprue (to represent some daemonic gift like mutation or strength or so). The axe should represent the Axe of Khorne, and was from a Space wolves accesoire sprue. The heads on those bolters can be found with the sprue that comes with most Chaos vehicles. For the backbanner/thing which should represent Banner of rage, which was made from a banner in a SW sprue, short transparent flying stand pin, 2 Dark Eldar blades, the hanging skulls are from 2 berzerker sprues and the Khorne icon is from some Chaos vehicle sprue. The torso is a standard Berzerker.

Top/Front

Right

Left

Right/Front

Front

Left/Front

Back

I'll probably fill up some little gaps here and there with greenstuff and then it's off for painting.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you clean the mould lines and use GS to fill/blend the joins between arm and gauntlet, it'll look really nice.

It's a very solid start.
    Chief Inspector Dreyfus: Are you wounded?
    Clouseau: No. Fortunately I was saved by the darkness.
    Chief Inspector Dreyfus: So what we need is more light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

Hey dude, just as few things.

1. The mould lines - they're really obvious. cleaning them up will improve this model heaps.

2. Photo's - they're a bit dark so it is difficult to see detail and to see if any green stuff is necessary.

Otherwise champ, it looks great and has a good chaos feel about it.

Can't wait to see the final product all painted up!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://godisimaginary.com/index.htm
    Diabolus fecit, ut id facerem!
    ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

Yeah, mold lines... i'm busy removing them. Let's just hope I don't forget any before I prime. I don't pay that much attention on my casual troops removing all lines, although I actually should.

As for painting, I'm not like... a great painter but practice makes perfect (or how that saying goes) and I've just got into the hobby like... 6 or 7 months ago. But I'll sure try my best to make something really good of my lord :yes:

As for greenstuff, like Bellum_Gerreo said i sure need to do the transition from arm to gauntlet. Perhaps I'll post a bunch of new pics tomorrow by daylight... those were taken in the evening with some little lamp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

I really like how you did the banner on the back. It is really awesome looking and I like how you used the flying stand with the thing suspended in it. The model will be great looking once it is cleaned up. Great job.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoschrist View Post

As for painting, I'm not like... a great painter but practice makes perfect (or how that saying goes) and I've just got into the hobby like... 6 or 7 months ago. But I'll sure try my best to make something really good of my lord :yes:
    I prefer 'practice makes better' but your version will do :rolleyes:

I just returned to the hobby after 12 years, and my first piece, whilst I thought it tabletop quality, certainly wasn't a picasso either.

Just take your time and a little care with the mini's (which is hard to do when your hyped up over a conversion or itching to get your army together so you can play) and you'll suprise yourself with the quality.

Also, if you have any problems, always come here and ask. There are pleanty of experienced people on LO who are willing to help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://godisimaginary.com/index.htm
    Diabolus fecit, ut id facerem!
    ANZAC Clan

Proud banner bearer of LO Codicier_Valkus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very much liking your conversion mate. Do follow the aforementioned advice, and if you need help with your painting, chat to the staff people at your local GW. :yes:
    "Fight for justice, not revenge."
    FoW Gepanzerte Panzergrenadiers who took a wrong turn at Tunisia and magically appeared in Normandy as Panzer Lehr: Wins: 11 Losses: 8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Word, brother. I like it! Something I would suggest, however. I think the axe would be better off either A) modelled as a chainaxe... or something else suitably "Khorny." :shifty: The clean looking SW power axe is cool, but doesn't look corrupted by Chaos. Perhaps try some greenstuff work or something. Or even paint some evil symbols on it.

All this is to say that I'd like the axe to look more evil. But this is nitpicking... It is a good conversion and all plastic! Top marks.
    I'm an American, religious, male and a proud Republican. You have your beliefs and (gasp) I have mine. Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    To be "owned" in a game or otherwise is to be miserably defeated by an opponent or an opposing team.

+ Reply to Thread