red necron power rods - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1
    Senior Member spacemarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    299
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    -17 (x0)

    red necron power rods

    I know GW do green rods but for the exiles I need red ones so the power looks different.
    does any know any websites that do plastic ones and dont say just paint over them

    Find The Exiles site here. Brought to you by spacemarine. Concept, Army list, etc. brought to you by Vlorlich.

    If a necron is broken then don't fix it

    [SIGPIC]arrra[/SIGPIC]

    and here my other site the exiles vs necrons

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In teh webwayz
    Age
    24
    Posts
    954
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

    Just paint over them. :w00t:

    I've done a couple quick Google searches and looked on a couple part websites I know and can't find any. I must say though, I think it would be a great idea.
    AGLOCO - Earn money by browsing the internet!


    Quote Originally Posted by Krevzi and Me
    Warhammer is like crack. But more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Learn parasite, that us Chaos players like to have our cake and eat it. In fact, we particularly like stealing the poor necrons' cake and eating that too, because they're too slow.

  4. #3
    Senior Member blood_angelmarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Age
    28
    Posts
    313
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    10 (x1)

    I think it would be quite intresting as well. If you did a darker red base coat and then made a lightly highlighted swirling pattern it would look great. I myself don;t lik the green rods becuase of the way they are put in the srues you can never get a perfectly flawless rod since the are attatched the the sprue in the middle. Whoever at GW had that bright Idea should fired and the rods should be attachted at the ends to the sprues to avoid the blemishes and imperfections caused by attatching them in the middle. But yes, I think It would look quite cool and bring a unique feel to your Necrons.

    Krevzi:w00t:

    W-1 L-0 D-0

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    421
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    21 (x1)

    Raboesch

    I know this firma makes colored rods which will be satisfactory, i think.
    raboesch
    However, i can not say if it is available in your region.
    Last edited by vindicator; October 25th, 2006 at 18:27.
    MvG, vindicator.

  6. #5
    Senior Member spacemarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    299
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    -17 (x0)

    Quote Originally Posted by vindicator View Post
    I know this firma makes colored rods which will be satisfactory, i think.
    raboesch
    However, i can not say if it is available in your region.
    for starters its they are tubes and i dont understand the size charts

    EDIT: a mate can round and said why dont i paint the green rods with black ink and then paint it with red ink would it work
    Last edited by spacemarine; October 25th, 2006 at 18:47.
    Find The Exiles site here. Brought to you by spacemarine. Concept, Army list, etc. brought to you by Vlorlich.

    If a necron is broken then don't fix it

    [SIGPIC]arrra[/SIGPIC]

    and here my other site the exiles vs necrons

  7. #6
    Sadomachiatto Karmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Posts
    7,076
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputation
    790 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by spacemarine View Post
    for starters its they are tubes and i dont understand the size charts

    EDIT: a mate can round and said why dont i paint the green rods with black ink and then paint it with red ink would it work
    The internet is a big and wonderful place.
    Most people use it for pornography, but you can almost definitely get some help with the size charts if you look hard enough.

    Ok.. if a rod has been blacked out, to you think a red ink coat would have an effect on it?

    I think the site that Vindicator is your best bet.

    But i'd just use some lego bits or something
    LO Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

  8. #7
    Senior Member spacemarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    299
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    -17 (x0)

    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    The internet is a big and wonderful place.
    Most people use it for pornography, but you can almost definitely get some help with the size charts if you look hard enough.

    Ok.. if a rod has been blacked out, to you think a red ink coat would have an effect on it?

    I think the site that Vindicator is your best bet.

    But i'd just use some lego bits or something
    BLACK INK not black paint different things they are
    Find The Exiles site here. Brought to you by spacemarine. Concept, Army list, etc. brought to you by Vlorlich.

    If a necron is broken then don't fix it

    [SIGPIC]arrra[/SIGPIC]

    and here my other site the exiles vs necrons

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    421
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    21 (x1)

    Maybe i can give an even better bet.

    I knew Raboesch had at least something similar, i glanced at the site and saw tubes and assumed rods were made also.

    But that site isn't the only one i bookmarked.

    Plastruct Inc. also has rods. and this time i made sure it is in the catalog.

    Just go to the site, go to 'get our catalog' and download it.
    With a pdf reader you must look at page 43 at the right side. There is a list of fluorecent rods in several colors. One pointer tho, it says red, but i do not know exactly what kind of red it is. Better to check that. I also it will be a bit easier to obtain ( from where are you?).


    Maybe a way around with tubes, why not fill it with clear epoxy? Dunno how it will work, as i never worked with epoxy yet, but it would make the tube solid and if you add a bit of inkt, it might get the desired color and still be trnaslucent. Try to squirt the epoxy in with a small seringe maybe.?
    Last edited by vindicator; October 25th, 2006 at 19:51.
    MvG, vindicator.

  10. #9
    Senior Member spacemarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    299
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    -17 (x0)

    Quote Originally Posted by vindicator View Post
    Maybe i can give an even better bet.

    I knew Raboesch had at least something similar, i glanced at the site and saw tubes and assumed rods were made also.

    But that site isn't the only one i bookmarked.

    Plastruct Inc. also has rods. and this time i made sure it is in the catalog.

    Just go to the site, go to 'get our catalog' and download it.
    With a pdf reader you must look at page 43 at the right side. There is a list of fluorecent rods in several colors. One pointer tho, it says red, but i do not know exactly what kind of red it is. Better to check that. I also it will be a bit easier to obtain ( from where are you?).


    Maybe a way around with tubes, why not fill it with clear epoxy? Dunno how it will wwork, as i never worked with epoxy yet, but it would make the tube solid and if you add a bit if inkt, it might get the desired color and still be trnaslucent. Try to squirt the epoxy in with a small seringe maybe.?
    i dont care what red it is.

    what is the size of necron rods because i still cant tell the sizes

    EDIT: ok so i do care about the colour because its pinkish red maybe i will have different colour
    Last edited by spacemarine; October 25th, 2006 at 19:43.
    Find The Exiles site here. Brought to you by spacemarine. Concept, Army list, etc. brought to you by Vlorlich.

    If a necron is broken then don't fix it

    [SIGPIC]arrra[/SIGPIC]

    and here my other site the exiles vs necrons

  11. #10
    searching for sheep silentdeathz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Age
    23
    Posts
    810
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    36 (x2)

    Finally!! I search I thought would take a few minutes (i remembered site) took longer than i though :sleep:

    Necron Warrior


    Really hope it helps, full guide with tips and tells u the materials he used.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts