Golden Bretonnian Armor - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Golden Bretonnian Armor

Has anyone ever tried doing golden/bronze/copper armor on their Bretonnians? How'd it come out? I was thinking of doing gold armor with red barding on a unit but am unsure how it would turn out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I have never painted a Bretonian, but I have painted many models where gold/coppers are the main colours.

Metallics are very fickle to work with. They can come out too bright or clean, and it looks bad. A black ink wash can leave dark uneven splotches, and that looks worse. Instead, give the gold a green ink wash, and it will just soften the brightness without taking away the gold colour (if that makes sense).

Have fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

what i do is, Start with a basecoat of shining gold. Then you wash with a flesh wash. After you finish that, drybrush shining gold/boltgun metal about a 4:1 mix respectivly. Then just drybrush a mithril silver over that. The key is to do a very very light brush of mithril silver, because it has the power to over power the color. It creates a really good looking gold color
    "This sure ain't no pansy Eldar Armor, Son"
    185th Cadian Armored Div.

"One Shot, One Kill"
    Western Border Patrol of Athel Loren

+ Reply to Thread