Foamcore board - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Foamcore board

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Foamcore board

So ive seen terrain and the likes made out of foam core, but have seen spray paint melt away styrophome before. So what kinda filler do you put on the edge of your foamcore to prevent it?

Or do you just paint over it with regular paints then spray prime?

-Where Were You The Day They Stole Your Inocence?

-It Was About Time To Dig A New Well Anyway.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x2)

Simple. Wood Glue. Wood Glue is not only cheap, but also it acts as a great sealer and protector for foam when you are about to spray paint it. There is also a spray can varient that does the same thing as wood glue, however I forgot the exact name =\.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Psychotic, Soda Addicted, Level-Headed Christian Friendly, Sexy Japanese Girl of LO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Nemy View Post
    Simple. Wood Glue. Wood Glue is not only cheap, but also it acts as a great sealer and protector for foam when you are about to spray paint it. There is also a spray can varient that does the same thing as wood glue, however I forgot the exact name =\.
    Yep just take some Wood Glue or PVA and thin it a bit down with water.
    Just make sure you apply it everywhere because i once forgot a little piece and it melted, so screwing mu whole project:cry:

"I could calculate your chance of survival, but you won't like it."
    "Shut up! Sit your ass down in that chair and DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!" - Cid FFVII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Echoing the guys above, I use PVA glue watered down so that it spreads really easily - experiment to see what is best for you. Add a little ink or paint to this mix so you to see where you have spread it - this helps to mimise the risk of missing spots as nexus-star pointed out. When adding ink, remember that it will thin the glue so reduce the water content a little in order to maintain the desired consistency.

I usually apply at least two coats to ensure I have good coverage, then I go over the glued area very gently with some fine-grade sandpaper after the glue has set. This rougens up the smooth surface of the glue and allows paint to stick to it far better. Be sure to only lightly press with the sandpaper though - otherwise you will strip off the glue.

This method works quite well for me, hopefully you will find it of some use.

Cheers,
    Rich.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x2)

has anyone had any luck using regular latex house paint? I did my table with house paint + sand, and i was going to use the same stuff for the hills and what not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

You could just take standard house paint (black) and paint it. This is what the local Bunker does for all there boards.

I'm back.

+ Reply to Thread