Painted Malanthrope - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Floating around space finding and converting small planets into biomatter for the fleet.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

Painted Malanthrope

Base needs to be done, but apart from that...
    I was wondering whether to do some markings on the back? Might try it out on some gaunts later, see if it works out.

Main Armies: The Septem Edo Hivefleets || Da Mekanikus of Mek Skagnatz || Clan Skrawlskir of the White Rat || The Eternal Legion of Chlorr

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Hey, I like it a lot! Looks very alien!

Is the black with white bits painted on, or is that a flash? Either way, I really like it. Gives me the impression that it's half-molten skin. Very cool!

One thing I would say that it is maybe too black. Not that I have anything against that, just I can't see some of the details that I would prefer to see (ie arms/face).

And marking-wise, I would probably say leave them. It looks very good at the moment, and marking IMO would make it look less alien and could make it look worse. Again, that's just my opinions though.

And BTW, I see you only have 12 posts so welcome to LO! We hope you enjoy your stay. The emergency exits are here, here and here.
    AGLOCO - Earn money by browsing the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Krevzi and Me
    Warhammer is like crack. But more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Learn parasite, that us Chaos players like to have our cake and eat it. In fact, we particularly like stealing the poor necrons' cake and eating that too, because they're too slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might want to try putting some more light on it and taking another picture. Black is hard to photograph
    If you build a man a fire he will be warm for a night. If you set a man on fire he will be warm the rest of his life.

Floating around space finding and converting small planets into biomatter for the fleet.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x3)

Thanks for the tips, yeah that is the flash, the black parts are varnished because i wanted it to look slimy and gooey :w00t:. I wasn't sure about the markings, so ill see what people think before trying anything out.

Main Armies: The Septem Edo Hivefleets || Da Mekanikus of Mek Skagnatz || Clan Skrawlskir of the White Rat || The Eternal Legion of Chlorr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Seasonreaper View Post
    Thanks for the tips, yeah that is the flash, the black parts are varnished because i wanted it to look slimy and gooey :w00t:. I wasn't sure about the markings, so ill see what people think before trying anything out.
    Well, it certainly does look slimy and gooey! But I still think no markings.

To reiterate what I was saying about being too black, how about slightly highlighting some of the features, ie head and tenticles. I would only do it a small amount, with some shade of grey (start dark and get lighter) and keep going until you can distinguish the features.
    How does that sound to you?

Learn parasite, that us Chaos players like to have our cake and eat it. In fact, we particularly like stealing the poor necrons' cake and eating that too, because they're too slow.

searching for sheep silentdeathz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by PaRaSiTe_X92 View Post
    Well, it certainly does look slimy and gooey! But I still think no markings.

To reiterate what I was saying about being too black, how about slightly highlighting some of the features, ie head and tenticles. I would only do it a small amount, with some shade of grey (start dark and get lighter) and keep going until you can distinguish the features.
    How does that sound to you?
    This is just my opinion but, I don't think there is any need for highlighting due to the fact that he used varnish, you see the flash shines off the model and makes it look highlighted, it will react in the same way when you play in a room with a light(duu).

I really like the striking orange on black combo v nice. Keep up the good work man.

P.S he joined at the same times as you even thought he has 12 posts @ parasite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The glossiness, the hunched posture, and the feeder tendrils gives it a real Cthulu feel. That is to say, horrifying and unnatural. Nice.
    Chief Inspector Dreyfus: Are you wounded?
    Clouseau: No. Fortunately I was saved by the darkness.
    Chief Inspector Dreyfus: So what we need is more light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by silentdeathz View Post
    This is just my opinion but, I don't think there is any need for highlighting due to the fact that he used varnish, you see the flash shines off the model and makes it look highlighted, it will react in the same way when you play in a room with a light(duu).

P.S he joined at the same times as you even thought he has 12 posts @ parasite
    Thinking about it, now that you've varnished it dont bother highlighting it, the details will probably show in lights. Good point silent.

Did he? *Shrugs* Oh well, welcome anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x3)

once again thanks for all the comments, glad you like the colour scheme. yeah i joined ages ago but never got round to really posting, just remembered about the site again and started posting away

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Good job seasonreaper! Great painting

I love your avatar also a warm welcome to LO.

If you're serious about bumping up your painting a lot, then i'd strongly advice PMing a guy called Leech (who's also on the nid forums)
    He did a Trygon a bit back that made us all sick.
    He knows painting, and is an expert on nids
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast