armoured orks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: armoured orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

armoured orks

ok i want to build some armoured orks called ardboyz for warhammer 40k
    they sell black ork models with two handed weapons wich are just about perfect
    all i have to do is add a gun.
    however these models are kinda pricey. 45 bucks for ten metal figures
    any one knows of any good substitutes or have any good ideas for conversions
    help me out. my desired # is 40 of them and im not looking to pay 180+ bucks for that

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x3)

Basically, the regular 40k Ork Boyz have the needed stuff on their sprue: shoulder plates, an iron gob and helmet-wearing heads; since the 'ard Boyz are model-wise simply regulars equipped with two shoulder plates and the iron gob as some kind of face protection. Admittedly they have a bit fancier torsos to choose from and some other bitz made from pewter.
    And of course, it must be mentioned that the bitz from one Ork Boyz' Box won't suffice to make 'em all into 'ard Boyz, but there's no loss in making the rest into other kinds of troops (as well as being a greenskin' player you might have extra bitz from other sprues anyways)

And if you fancy better armoured torsos (athough most of the front won't be seen unless inspecting from very close due to their hunched stature) and more variety you could mix in some fantasy Orks.

And you could ask fellow players if they could spare a few bitz of their own (or trade with exess bitz of yours), especially Space Marine shoulder pads also fit rather nicely (and gives your army a nice hodgepodge look)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if your lookin 4 a proper orky look jus get sum normal choppa boyz n give dem sum guns or sumthin, then get sum card or form board etc... then jus slap it on, proper bodge job

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x4)

Going off of what Orkbert said, you could get a box or two of Ork boyz and fantasy Orc Boyz and suppliment it with iron gobs, helmet heads, and weapons from [Battlewagon Bits] <Link> very cheaply.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a perfect chance to exploit the orks MASSIVE conversion possiblities...

Buy a couple boxes of boyz, load 'em up in ALL the armour possible, throw in some left over tank tracks for shoulderpads :yes: , get just random peices of scrape, throw them on, heck, if your looking for lootas like me (or even if your not), throw on some torn up space marine shoulder pads!

Cheers, and happy mekanickin!

-The God of all Machines
    W/D/L
    -Imperial:50/2/10
    -Non-Imperial:10/1/4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Omnissiah View Post
    This is a perfect chance to exploit the orks MASSIVE conversion possiblities...

Buy a couple boxes of boyz, load 'em up in ALL the armour possible, throw in some left over tank tracks for shoulderpads :yes: , get just random peices of scrape, throw them on, heck, if your looking for lootas like me (or even if your not), throw on some torn up space marine shoulder pads!

Cheers, and happy mekanickin!

-The God of all Machines
    ya, if you can throw on any armour that you have, even if its not ork armour, then they will double as loota boys too :w00t:

+ Reply to Thread