Librarium Online Forums banner

flame falcons

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  CaptainSarathai 
#1 ·
i was thinking about makeing a fame falcon squad for a golden deamon or sumthing, n i was wondering does anyone have any ideas?

#2 ·
whats a fame falcon?...oh wait, flame falcon. Could still elaborate what that is? right now i see a bird that is lit on fire flying in a circle....i would use lots of lizardmen bits if you want feathers, but they could be eldar, imperial guard, or even space marines so i dont what how to help you...

#3 ·
Agreed. What on earth are you going on about? :| :)

Do you just mean an Eldar Falcon with flames on it? If so, search the forum for fire threads; there's a couple crackers (no pun intended).
Or an actual bird?

Cheers.

#4 · (Edited)
The flame falcons were one of the cursed founding chapters They were marines that had a mutation in their dna where they could spontaneously ignite, sending them into a fighting frenzy where their abilities were enhanced. The inquisitor that saw witness to this during a combat decided that they were under the influence of chaos or were to far deviated from the space marines. Thery were destroyed by the grey knights shortly after.

#5 ·
Bingo!

i was thinking makeing basic poses then takein molds n puting sum word a clear liquid that sets then wash it with red or sumfin????

#7 ·
Grrrrrr....

Please, learn to write
makeing basic poses then takein
Making and taking respectively
n puting sum
And putting some
and BTW, i think you mean epoxy resin
red or sumfin????
something?
please, I find it quite annoying and don't think its "just me" loads of people find it irritating.
It has been said before, this is not a chatroom.

Anyway, i dont think resin and a wash is legal, it violates GW's copyright rules
just greenstuff flames...

#10 ·
flames usually require excessive amounts of green stuff and good skill to pull off, but ive always loved flame falcon fluff. if you manage a good work out of it, ill be very impressed as ive never seen a model of em, nor do i remember their color scheme if it was ever mentioned.

#12 ·
Sorry 'bout that, but I needed to mark your thread so I could get back to it.

First: you need to get the motif right. Having all of your marines on fire will be a little bit overboard, so probably, the best way to go about it would be to carry flame-based insignia through the army and leave the fire to important figures.

Where to get flame icons:
You can get the old Salamander Chapter gear, which includes several flame-based shoulderpads and gear. You can also grab some of the Mordheim Buidling sprues, which include lanterns and such. Bretonians from WHFB might be another good place to check. Don't forget, these guys probably have a fetish for Flame-throwers.

Easy Conversions (simpler than full-on fire):
consider chopping the vents off of your back packs and turning them upside down. Model fire coming up from them. This makes them look like pots of flaming oil or just really hot vents(duh).
You can also put some GS onto their armor to make raised 2D flames. This is fairly simple, just stick a thin sheet roughly the shape of the fire, then carave out little nicks from the border to make the individual tongues of flame.

Harder Conversions:
although only their bodies light on fire, you can always bend the rules and make a flaming sword here or there. These look really neat (I have several flaming weapons in my Dragon-oriented army), and are comparatiely simple to make since you already have a defined edge.
Other easy placed to put flame would be across back-packs and over shoulder-pad borders. The hard places are areas like hands, and the knees and elbows. Remember, it is the marine on fire, and not the armor, so you want the flames to look like their coming out through the joints, although a truly terrifying marine might generate flames hot enough that they DO eventually burn his armor.
There is a spot on the GW website that has a great technique for sculpting flames, but I don't know where to find it at the moment.

Possible Paint-schemes:
I know that you wanted suggestions on converting, but since I suggested not 'lighting' every model, you probably want to make fire visible on other models. I personally envision black armor (practicality: if it's balck, it won't matter if it's charred) with white and blue flames moving from the edges towards the top (from wrist toward elbow, from ankle towards knee, from waist towards chest etc.) Hot-rod flames would make good insipiration.
Or make the armor white, with white and blue flames. This would look really cool if the flames were one with ink-washes and then the entire armor given a gloss varnish.

well, I hope that helps you out a bit, good luck, and post some pics when you're done man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.