Advice on a colour scheme (pics) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

Advice on a colour scheme (pics)

Hi, This is the scheme ive come up with for my marines. As some of you will be aware from my bright blue nids i like to be different! The first pic is taken with a flash, second without. What id like is for you guys to comment on two things.

1)Colour scheme: Do you like? Can you suggest any changes to the colours or new colours that could be added to compliment the scheme.

2) How can i improve my painting for marines? This is my first crack at them, or anything other than nids for that matter!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

i think it looks good. the orange complements the green nicely. i'm not too keen with white head, maybe try a different color to make it fit in with the rest of da scheme, such as making it green.
    That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

what needs to be improved? Your flames look nice, you put on a smooth looking base coat, they are looking good. You have a knack for eye wrenching colors....You could probably paint the star better, but that will take time. I draw those things on with a pencil first.
    "This sure ain't no pansy Eldar Armor, Son"
    185th Cadian Armored Div.

"One Shot, One Kill"
    Western Border Patrol of Athel Loren

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

I like the way the head looks, it reminds me of iron man.

Anyway, for my two cents... I don't think the green works with either the orange or the blue of the face. If it were me I'd try changing it to a grey or a black. I think that would compliment it much more nicely.

XD
    "You challenge me knowing that I am Xiahou Dun!?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's like I stepped back into my Prom, and there's my suit! The colour scheme itself seems a little funny to me, but altogether well painted.

Except for shoulder plate trim, knee pads and various small parts, the whole model should be a flat colour, instead of the random blue. The orange should be kept though.

Paint just looks a little thick in a few places, don't worry about it. Star on the shoulder pad is kinda funny for me. Might look awkward with a whole army of it.

Keep it up Mace..doing great.
    If you feel that I have been helpful, please click the star, and do the same for anyone else who gives you a hand.

4000+ Of Marines and Daemonhunters
    2000+ Of Tyranids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    467 (x8)

I agree with Alaric, ditch the blue.

The flames are sick, but the star leaves something to be desired.

Also, on the camera technique, try being a bit further away & crop or use the macro (little flower icon) feature if you have one. Also, a plain background helps more.

I hope this helps.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Jon Quixote; November 17th, 2006 at 12:27.
    Cervantes: In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

I like your space marien for some reason it makes me think of astronaughts way back when. Only thing that i dont like is the face. It clashes to hard. Everything else is snazzy i like the flames alot.

Joe Peshi (lone wolf) kill tally:Lash Sorcerer, Ghazkull, Yriel, Termi Libby, Vulkan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Probably not a good idea to put sand on the sides of the base - it will rub off and leave particles everywhere... Put it on the top of the base only and paint the sides in black or brown :yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

Ok, lots of different advice here, kinda stuck on what to take!

I totally hear what your saying on the star, and youll be glad to hear its not staying! I put it there and instantly disliked it myself. Trouble is i dont know what else to put there instead. Suggestions? (The other shoulder pad is going to be a legion of the damned flame pad, but they havnt arrived yet, hence no pad!) I dont want flames on both pads, I was thinking mabey a skull wwith flaming eyes and tounge but thats gonna be seriously hard!

Second the head/fingers being blue. Ive tried doing it green and orange to fit in with the rest of the body but it just looks too samey. I quite like the addition of a new colour, any suggestions?

As for changing the green to grey or black as suggested by Xiahou Dun. Black would be too similar to the legion, grey might be good, but im not sure with the orange trim. Ill try it out. (The orange is staying!)

thanks for the advice so far, please keep it coming!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice sceme there, i my slef like the blue head jsut maybe change a colour? maybe the orange oris it a red? that colour seems a bit off... i would only use the orange/red as the flames. green and blue are nice harmonic colours maybe start with that as a base. if you dont want to do that, try whiteinstead of blue. white corresponds pretty much with everything.

Hope i helped

Trooper Outt""

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast