My First Conversion or Operation Carnifex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My First Conversion or Operation Carnifex

So, I broke down and bought a dremmel tool this weekend...got it home and decided to put some work into one of my carnifexes. I wish I had taken before pictures, but basically it was the legs and torso glued to a base. The previous owner had broken of an arm on either side, so I was going to need to do some drilling in order to get the rare earth magnets I just received into place. In addition, I did some work on the weapons. For the twin linked devourer, I cut off the cone parts from 2 other devourer arms and glued them onto a MC devourer so that the 3 became a large pyramid shape. Personally, I hate that the barbed strangler and the venom cannon fit on the same side of the body as it just looks too crowded, so I cut off part of the VC feeder arm, removed the top BS arm and then glued them together so that my BS now stick on the left side of Fex torso. To finish off the BS I also removed the sac from the BS feeder arm and glued it to the side of the gun.

Here are some pics I uploaded, let me know what you think:

To see bigger versions click here

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

Nice job mate. From the photos it looks quite good. I like your colour scheme as well. Very different yet quite natural.

Only thing is, are you fielding it as three guns? Or will you detach some at times? You can only have two weapon symbiotes on a Fex.
    But I call to God, and the LORD saves me.
    Psalm 55:16

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post
    Nice job mate. From the photos it looks quite good. I like your colour scheme as well. Very different yet quite natural.

Only thing is, are you fielding it as three guns? Or will you detach some at times? You can only have two weapon symbiotes on a Fex.

Thanks for the response! I know about the gun limit but just put everything on at once for display purposes. As far as the painting, I have found method that works great

1) White primer
    2) Green wash the entire model.
    3) Go over bony parts with ivory
    4) Detail the face
    5) Dip in minwax

Its a really fast process....I did 13 genestealers in about 3 hours last night.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

I feel that this belongs in the conversion forum, rather than the Tyranid army forum

Thread moved.

+ Reply to Thread