WIP - Necron Wraith-Lord - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

WIP - Necron Wraith-Lord

This is my entry for the "Bigger boss" painting competition in the painting forum. I've finished the conversion work and have started priming (luckily, the camera flash picked out an area the primer spray missed, so I know where I need to touch up with hand-painted primer).

Although this is a "work in progress", the conversion work is finished so I figured I'd post it here for comments / criticisms.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is just way to cool, I hope you win.

Eldar (test phase)
    W / L / D
    0 2 0

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

I like the conversion, though just a few things...

1) The bottom - those spiky bits, and the likes. They don't look quite right to me, to be honest... you may consider bending them so that it's like they wrapped around the War Walker, or something like that. As it is, it just looks like you shoved the model through it. Not a bad look at all, but it would look more natural if the bottom wasn't just jutting out. To my eyes, anyways.

2) You should toughen him up. He's supposed to represent a Necron Lord, right? They have a higher Toughness than Wraiths, I think.... I'm not sure, though, so don't blame me if I'm wrong. I am about half the time these days. I'd like to see a little bit of GS or something, maybe making him a bit bulkier.

Overall, though, I love the conversion. Make sure to post it when painted!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x2)

It represents a fully kited out Destroyer Lord with Phase Shifter and a Warscythe. The bottom of the lord is supposed to look like it's just "shoved through" the War Walker because that's precisely what the lord's doing: Phasing through the Wraithbone to kill the pilot without worrying about those darned Eldar Force Fields or any unfortunate (and potentially dangerous) counter-attacks.

I didn't want to bulk it up too much, because my GS work is sub-par. I'm not a good sculptor, I had planned some extra stuff on the head that I scrapped because it didn't look the way I'd wanted. I also planned a cape (this conversion was originally supposed to be a lord popping out of a Dreadnought), but with the War Walker, the Cape would've resulted in a loss of detail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

thats cool, but i think your gonna have to explain the phase in thing to everyone you see, because it looks like nemesis said, you just shoved it through, and it looks like a standard wraith, unless i missed something

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The Count View Post
    thats cool, but i think your gonna have to explain the phase in thing to everyone you see, because it looks like nemesis said, you just shoved it through, and it looks like a standard wraith, unless i missed something
    You might've missed the huge scythe he's swinging around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

I think the primer went on a bit heavy. Quite noticible on the Wraithlord's spine.

Might make the paintjob look thicker than it really is.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Good job ninja.

I think that the punch through/warp phase shadow shift.. thing.. will be resolved once you paint it.

Very nice
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

The conversion as a concept is a very nice idea

What it has to do with wraithlords is beyond me

If it is a lord with a destroyer body then yoiu have some explaining to do, on a WYSIWYG you need more, on an esthetic point of view I agree with the others on the "Wrapping the cois round the leg point, it also makes sense from a physics point

I would add hands to the eldar, it looks a little naff without it, possibly entrails too, may be worth beating up an eldar player and persuading him to give you a guardian or better yet jetbike or vyper rider

dont have a problem with his toughness

Do have a problem with the scythe which looks too much like what I suspect it is - I can stick this to this to this

Overall though very good
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    If it is a lord with a destroyer body then yoiu have some explaining to do, on a WYSIWYG you need more, on an esthetic point of view I agree with the others on the "Wrapping the cois round the leg point, it also makes sense from a physics point
    Wraiths move like Jetbikes too, I figured I could substitute one for the other without major problem (especially since he's clearly not a normal wraith, since he's got a Phylactery and a Warscythe).

I would add hands to the eldar, it looks a little naff without it, possibly entrails too
    That is a guardian body... he has both hands and entrails. The hands are back on the controls to the War Walker; the entrails are just starting to spill out of the torso (it's hard to see because the paint just makes them blend into the six-pack ab armour on the Guardian body).

Do have a problem with the scythe which looks too much like what I suspect it is - I can stick this to this to this
    That scythe is a result of my drawing actual concept art, etc. I decided to keep it simple, because I have three more MUCH more detailed staffs of light that I'm currently working on, and I didn't want the warscythe to look even remotely similar so there will be no question about what it is. It's a desire on my part to "keep it simple", since I'm way out of practice with Green Stuff and have become terrible with it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast