A small camp for mercenaries - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A small camp for mercenaries

Inspired to make a mercenary encampment from one of the Skirmish scenarios on the GW website, I got cracking and spent an afternoon making this.
    I think it looks good, especially the rocks to keep the standard and lantern up.

Does anybody have any pointers, suggestions or just comments?
    If so, please don't be afraid to post them

Last edited by Syphonides of Orell; November 27th, 2006 at 17:07.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x2)

I think it looks pretty good. I like the parts that are rocks and sand, I would say make that a larger area next time to suggest that it is a bit more used. Also, a burned out campfire might be nice.

I see you are using the ghetto flock. I used this for years, and have experimented with many a flock. After those years, I switched to GW static grass. I know its expensive, but it looks sweet. Maybe experiment with some combinations and other brands.

For the tents, heres a cool trick. Take some wire (or anything that is thin and can stay straight) and make a tent shape, the long triangle. Then take some thin cloth, dip it in about 50/50 water and white/wood glue mixture, then drap it on the wire, adding folds as necessary. When it dries, drybrushing that will give you a nice canvas texture.

Also, have you played around with polystyrine foam(the firm pink stuff)?

Hope this helps, and keep it up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, hold the camera still, use a rest or something (I'm not being mean here, just friendly advice).

Use filler (normal diy wall filler will do) on the edge of the base to cover the corrugated paper.

Nice Idéa though.

+ Reply to Thread