Painting Chaos Spawn - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Painting Chaos Spawn

Hello

I've recently got a load of chaos that im painting up. There are two spawns in the army and making sure they fit with the rest of the army they are going to be purple and pallid flesh. I want to be able to blend the colours at certain points on the model to make it look decent. The problem is I cant blend to save my life. Does anyone have any tips for me on how to do it because otherwise im going to have two bad looking models amongst my other good ones .

Thanks
    Cya

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

You can add a paint extender to your paint (can pick it up at an art supply store) and this will increase the drying time of your paints and help you blend a bit better. Other than that keep the paints fairly thin and keep adding a little more of the 2nd color as you get to a transition point.

So for example you are painting purple and going towards a point that the pallid flesh will begin. Start adding pallid flesh to the purple and by keeping the paints thin you can blend the two colors together and create a smoother transition. The more layers of color you use tends to dictate how smooth the transition will be. Basically the more the merrier!

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Often if you want to blend watering down your colours can help. Use warlock purple for this. It can be used to create a swollen look which will actually help your models and any lack of skill in blending will look like clever painting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    467 (x8)

The spawn are great for a simple paint as alot of the model is deep skin creases. This lets you shade them easily and the ridges can be painted fairly easily too. Use quite moist paint for the recesses and the side of the brush for the edges. I lightly half dry brushed my spawn years ago and it came out quite nicely. Then you can concentrate on blending the musculature.
    Cervantes: In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd.

+ Reply to Thread