How to model a halo? (Not an Iron one) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

How to model a halo? (Not an Iron one)

Hey all, I'm planning on making a 'Daemon Prince,' but in fitting with my fluff he's more of what you might call an angelic presence. I came up with an idea to make him fit this more by giving him a halo- not those metal spiky things on a backpack but an aura of light surrounding his head. This sounds tough to do to me, but I'm willing. I'm just curious if you think it could be done, either by painting or modelling? Fluff in the link in my sig if you're confused.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could always just use wire and then cover it in pink fluffy bits to give him that angelic presence!

In general you could actually use wire to make the halo and then use green stuff or whatever else you like to add details and so forth. I'm sure copper or brass wire is nice and bendy enough to do the job.
    Fear the awesome wrath of The ANZAC Clan!!!

Aussie Bogan: Beer Drinking, Steak Eating, Thong Wearing Maniac!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x3)

hmm. This does sound chalenging but I believe I have a way that would help you solve this. Try to get ahold of some copper wire the thin stuff. Then put your green stuff around it. And to glue it onto the model use some super and plastic glue even mix hold down the green stuff well. Now by this I can see it holding or another way would to be getting a pop cap and putting a little green stuff around the edge on the top. Not the whole cap just like half a centimeter. Then when the green stuff has got it's shape pull it off the cap. That get's you the actual halo. But for the pole. Try using an ink holder. The thing in inside a pen that holds the ink is what I am talking about. Then green stuff around it then glue it to the halo. After that drys glue it to the model.

Hope this helps.
    ~Toon
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit
    Geez, toon, your avatar changes more than Bill Clinton's campaign platform.

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Sort of like model fire, you think? BTW he's also going to have that for Daemonic Speed, fire trails being left as he sprints across a 25mmx80mm base...

And he'll have Lightning Claws! :yes:

And Spiky Bits! :w00t: Not sure how to model these to fit the theme, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

or take a piece of the plastic frame and warm it up so it becomes meeable (sp?) and roll it into a snake and then get it into a circle
    then use a thin wire to pin it onto the model, then paint it gold or yellow, or whatever color you want

but be sure to keep the plastic warm and melted when you work with it, and file or cut off all finger prints when your done with the halo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x3)

For the fire just make the trails of his foot prints look like the ground has been burnt. Colors needed for this are blazing orange, blood red, chaos black, burbonic brown, and sunburst yellow. You will have to try to blend these.
    Hope it helps
    ~Toon
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit
    Geez, toon, your avatar changes more than Bill Clinton's campaign platform.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by The Toon View Post
    For the fire just make the trails of his foot prints look like the ground has been burnt. Colors needed for this are blazing orange, blood red, chaos black, burbonic brown, and sunburst yellow. You will have to try to blend these.
    Hope it helps
    ~Toon
    and try to get some fire, using gs, in there and something like ashes or burnt material :yes:

+ Reply to Thread