Codex Gray Spray? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Codex Gray Spray?

Hello, my main army is a Ke'lshan Tau Force. And their main colors is Codex Gray with a Codex Gray and Black mix as the sub color.

Now i now you are supposed to use a large tank brush but I have a hard time panting my tanks and the like, is it possible that there is somehow a spray I can use that is codex gray or something similar? I know i'm just being lazy but it'd be a big help. Thank you.

-Thorn

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

It depends on what you have technology wise. If you have an airbrush then you can reduce the paint so it is thin enough for the brush.

Other people might know if you can get it in a spray can or if it ispossible to have it made up.

Hope this helps
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://godisimaginary.com/index.htm
    Diabolus fecit, ut id facerem!
    ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well how do airbrushes work? I've heard about them but never seen them in action.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

My understanding (I don't use one so don't quote me) is that in essence it is a fine spray gun.

You mix the paint to a consistancy that will flow evenly through the nozzle, hook the brush up to a small compressor and away you go. I believe that there was a discussion on airbrushes a while ago. Could be worth skulking around the forums to see if you can find the thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://godisimaginary.com/index.htm
    Diabolus fecit, ut id facerem!
    ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the easiest way i've found if you need to base coat a large number of models any color besides black or white is to get a cheep co2 airbrush. the one i use was made by testors and works well enough.

for about 20$ all you need to do is get whatever paint color you want, water it down a fair bit. so that it flows evenly and then spray your models. because it is watered it will take about two coats to cover everything. but its much easer then hand painting it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Airbeush is teh way to go, most model shops stock them you can use whatever paint you want but some will block the brush.
    You dont need a reasonable brush for this, but one is advisable, you can buy a comrpessor with it or just use compressed air cans
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

Just to touch on the GW spray cans... I don't believe they made a codex grey can or not - but here in the US they have discontinued making new cans for the paints. You can still buy what they have in stock but once it is gone... it is gone!

It is possible that they had a codex grey but I don't recall seeing it. Mostly it is their very popular colors - such as blood red, ultramarine blue, gunmetal, bone, dark angel green, etc.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slorak View Post
    It is possible that they had a codex grey but I don't recall seeing it. Mostly it is their very popular colors - such as blood red, ultramarine blue, gunmetal, bone, dark angel green, etc.

Cheers,

-Mike
    I think they had codex gray in GW a long time ago. Don't think they have something left in the stock though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awww, why are they getting rid of the primer sprays?

So, i should just buy a simple one at a hobby shop for arround 20 bucks? Any certain kind you folks can reccomend?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

425 (x8)

GW still carries the primer - white and black. The codex grey if they did have it was just spray paint equivalent to the pot - NOT a primer. Same goes for the other colors. They are probably discontinuing them for lack of sales? Dunno really.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast