Dread Axe Idea - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dread Axe Idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dread Axe Idea

Ok so im at my wits end here on how to model a decent dread axe on my newly converted demon prince. he is in this awesome running pose with all these extra wolverine type blades coming out of his forarms and what not and i want the axe to look as good as the rest of the model, but my 2 attempts with green stuff have not gone very well.

so im thinking i might have to buy something from somewhere that looks decent, or piece togeather something made from my extra bits of chaos nids and crons.

i actualy just recently got an idea to make a dread axe out of a posses marine, now bear with me here. I was thinking haveing a body as the center of the axe and one of the possesed heads and then both arms extended outwards and then morphing into the blades of the axe, i dont have the bits right in front of me and im concerened that it might be a tad on the big side.

i am open to any other ideas as well, or maybe a place i can find a really demonic lookin axe, i have checked out spawn action figures online but i cant find them in any stores around me for some odd reason.

I Am MacMan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

That doesn't sound like a bad idea, but like you said, it might be a bit too big.

A good idea for a dreadaxe, is get two of these:

Games Workshop Online Store — Talos Blades

Trim them down, then stick them on the end of something. the sword that it comes with, or just a stick of some sort, and you've got a very nice looking axe.

This is what mine came out as when I did it for Nurgle:

Hope that helps.

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by Robizzle View Post
    That doesn't sound like a bad idea, but like you said, it might be a bit too big.

A good idea for a dreadaxe, is get two of these:

Games Workshop Online Store — Talos Blades

Trim them down, then stick them on the end of something. the sword that it comes with, or just a stick of some sort, and you've got a very nice looking axe.

This is what mine came out as when I did it for Nurgle:

Hope that helps.
    Thats actually pretty damn good. Mee likely. Excellent job on the axe.

+ Reply to Thread