Captain Sicarius WIP - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Captain Sicarius WIP

Hi, this is Captain Sicarius, of the Ultramarines. Looking at the pics, i can see that there is qutie a few areas that need sorting, namely the power armour, which i've highlighted too grey and the lowlights which are too shiny (damn inks!!). Any comments/suggestions welcome.

Just follow this link...... matts_captain_sicarius_WIP - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

other than the fact hes missing an arm theirs not much wrong i can criticise , personally when im painting ultramarines i start with a dark blue and leave out ultramarine blue altogether as its too dull, then just add more white with each layer to do the highlights, you've gone grey which works but doesnt make the model pop IMO

id water your paints down just a touch, but it might just be the fact the model is in extreme closeup

the face looks very nice as well btw
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine
    If you buy a fire prism you get a complete falcon plus the extra bits required to make ti into a complete waste of space

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've only painted a few ultramarines in my lifetime and with all my marines i think they're far to bright & vibrant. I did Blood Angels with Red Gore - Flesh Wash - Red Gore - Blood Red highlight, i did Space Puppies Codex grey with Fortress Grey highlight, and i do Ultramarines - Ultramarine Blue - Blue Ink - Ultramarine blue (light) - Enchanted/Ultramarine highlight

It's a beautiful model for sure, so besides the colour of the armour i have no objections. It's very well done.

+ Reply to Thread