Bloodthirster Conversion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bloodthirster Conversion

Ok so i have a GW Bloodthirster, and he is cool and all but as of latley i think he looks kinda dorky, yes i said dorky. I really love the way the DOW Bloodthirster and i know they are practicly the same but something is just not right, i cant figure it out. Someone help me out, i would like to make him more Dawn of Warie, if that makes any sence.

i think i would have to re position his legs and make them bigger somehow, Extend his Axe and re do his hands since the GW's are HUGE, and maybe beef up his arms a bit too, is there anything else im missing, or am i just beeing anal about the whole thing?

I Am MacMan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x1)

IMO GW's Bloodthirster has a little too much of a "dog-face" look to him. DoW's Bloodthirster has a more human-shaped "devil" face which IMO looks a lot better.

Speaking of which, I know there is a version of the Bloodthirster with a "human-ish" face and one with a "dog-face", and that one is old and out of production... which is which? Dog-face is the current one right?
    Takka n' Wakka's Dakka Attacka! 33W / 6L / 1D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

all the greater daemon models are fugly and goofy looking, get the forgeworld thirster if you have the money.... or are insane
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine
    If you buy a fire prism you get a complete falcon plus the extra bits required to make ti into a complete waste of space

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

Bit order the 3rd ed head, soooooo much better. not a donkey head that the current on has IMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Why did they switch it? The old Lord of Change is better too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I almost got the Forge world one a while back but its just too darn big and too darn expensive, i had the money a while ago but i cant see spending that kind of money on 1 model. and i like the satifaction that comes with making a custom model, im hooked on converting after my demon prince, i just want an equaly impressive thirster for my khorn army.

Not like im not a frequent customer of forgewolrd or n e thing, i have a winged tyrant, winged warriors 6 of them, and a forge world world eaters dead they are all fantastic models but $300+ for a thirster i cant justify.

I think im just gonna go buckwild on this guy over my month of xmas break from school and see what i can come up with, who knows maybe i can make it worthy of beeing a Greater Demon of Khorne,(but im not holding my breath)
    Last edited by Macman_GGW; December 8th, 2006 at 20:24.
    I Am MacMan

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Yeah, I wouldn't buy the actual daemons - they;re too expensive and strange looking. You have to be ridiculous to buy the Forge World one, or an extremely avid modeller, just look at the price tag *gasp*.

I was inspired by Rex from here and some other people for convertions. Rex's involves a Nightbringer (only £15 I think/$30) with its arms replaced. It looks great and is cheap and effective. You can add your own touch of character, like by giving it home-crafted wings, funny shaped face - it's not that hard, and you can always improvise. As I said I don't like the specific daemon models, they're too common and 'doggish'.

Warhammer 40,000

^ It's a link! Very cool conversions

Hex
    Last edited by Hex; December 8th, 2006 at 20:54.
    "Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

I know exactly what you mean.

Half the problem is static boring pose, the other is plain lack of bad-a$$ery. Try losing the wings and use the ones from the warhammer dragon sprue, they are bigger and far better looking. Try hacking off and then re-posing his arms, like he's about to decapitate someone!

All in all, there's not alot you can do to spice up this grossly outdated model. Get a FW one (I know I know....but you get what you pay for IMO.)

Oooh! 500th post! Yay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    WILL J!~
    You have a beard. You are in dire need of nothing. You are complete. Amen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok i was thinking i would buy that nice new PLASTIC Balrog and use those wings and maybe even the legs, not sure on that yet i would have to see how big they are in comparison to the Thirsters. i was gonna hack off both his hands and start from scratch and ditch the wip as well. maybe give him a tail or use it on my Demon Prince perhaps. Does anyone know how well the arms and legs of the belrog are in size compared to the Thirster, bigger smaller? i was kinda hoping that the legs would be a big more towards the longer and beefier side and the arms roughly same lenght but again have more to them than those scrawny GW BT arms.
    I Am MacMan

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

The DOW thirster was much thinner, and a very like blood red shade i think. Just stop feeding it blood, and youll have your very own anorexic daemon too!
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast