Ogre to Ogryn conversions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ogre to Ogryn conversions

Hi, i have just finished some ogryn for 40k using the ogre leadbelcher models from warhammer and ogryn ripper gun arms or nobs in mega armour arms as proxy ripper guns. So i thought i would see what the sage mind on libraium thought of them. There is one left to complete he is just wired together at the moment so any suggestions welcome.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...a/DSC00028.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...a/DSC00029.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...a/DSC00031.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...a/DSC00032.jpg

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great idea matey

like the cigar though it isnt too clear on your photos..

was it inspired from this article

might be a good basis for my big mutie's squad...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Give Daddy a kiss...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, i hadnt seen that article :w00t:, im gonna be totaly redoing the latest ogryn, i have the spare autocannon.........:yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

They loook veryyy nice, keep up the good work.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by DAHmunkey
    might be a good basis for my big mutie's squad...
    It is. I have used Ogres as a basis for my biggies and I really like to work with them.

Back on topic though...
    I like those conversions, they look really nice. They do however, IMHO, appear a bit static. This has to do with the plastic Ogres. What I would like to recommend is for you to have one or more of them to look in another direction then straight ahead. This is a very easy way to get the unit appear much more dynamic and threatening.

Good luck and please come back with more pics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andusciassus View Post
    It is. I have used Ogres as a basis for my biggies and I really like to work with them.
    Found the thread, they are class, have some rep..

:w00t:

did you ever post finished pics? i think i'll rummage through your old posts anyway the LatD topics look interesting

:shifty:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

I also find the Blood Bowl ogres to be pretty good for use as ogryns. I converted one a couple of months ago and it worked a treat. It was a little expensive, but I think it ended up looking good. Here is a pic of it when it was VERY WIP, havn't got any more recent pictures sorry. My favourite part is the big mace, I can just imagine him smashing opponents to pieces with it

I like the cigar you gave one of your ogryns, might just do something similar if I ever decide to convert some more.

Cheers,
    Rich.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the comment, i was thinking about the ogre posses to, bit tough as they are one solid lump of plastic which makes reposing difficult. As for the heads they are kind of a face plate that goes over a nub of plastic that is the ogre neck. Well the two finished and painted i will leave be, the one with the plasma pistol (bonehead) i have disassembled and unfinished one i am going to try different posses, if i can get them sorted out ill post them on soon. Might even go buy another box and use the ripper arms of my old metal ogryn, or maybe i should ebay them and buy the arms from GW. We will see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Have The Ogryns!!!

ok i had to have a go - soo i pinched (my good bud) strats unfinished ogryns in order to work on the positioning & green stuff AND cos i have the communal pinning kit at the moment...

thats as far as i got last night theres plenty more to do & i cant decide wheter to leave the bare chest or add some clothing - webbing or a jacket maybe..

all critisism gratefully received (stratala has given me some advice on my photo taking :rolleyes: after having a sneaky peek..)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tried to clean up the image..
    • cut off the left 'tit' then GSed it back in so it is stretched towards shoulder & filled in the extra muscle to armpit
    • pinned the left hand so the gun wasnt pointing down (the ogryn will be staring down the sites when its done..)
    • gun came from stratala looks a bit like an oversized uzi to me <NICE> filled a few areas with GS & added the strap (needs buckles adding yet)
    • cut the boot off rotated & repinned, removed knee & some trouser detail which i replaced in GS so the knee is angled out more
    • removed alot of the facial hair too, just want a simple goatee!
    the back of the extended shoulder doesnt look right to me now. thinking about shaving down the muscle & blending into the back - cant decide what would look anatomically 'correct'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. November 21st, 2010, 19:47
  2. October 15th, 2008, 17:14
  3. October 13th, 2008, 06:24
  4. October 13th, 2008, 05:17
  5. October 13th, 2008, 03:01
  6. October 13th, 2008, 02:37