Chaos Lieut. w/ Kai Gun & Daemonic Flight - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Chaos Lieut. w/ Kai Gun & Daemonic Flight

I call this guy 'The Head Collector.' I've put quite a few hours into this model, including conversions & painting. I've dropped the poor thing on concrete THREE times (by accident of course), which scratched him up pretty badly, broke off his wings, ruined the green stuff conversion, and dulled the metal detailing. After the third time I dropped him, I figured I should start carrying him in a foam case. But did it stop there? Of course not. A friend accidentally sat on him while in the foam tray, which again, broke off the wings, dulled the metal detailing, and ruined the green stuff conversions. SO, after repairing this model FOUR times, it is finally complete (almost, I still have a few more details to finalize on the wings and base). Lesson Learned: Don't drop your models on concrete.

Wings: Taken from a Tyranid. I believe it was a Warrior.
    Kai gun: Random parts from my tool box and drill bits.
    Blood Alter (Base): a 25mm stacked ontop of a 40mm. The blocks are made from eraser (incredibly easy by the way)
    Blood: Liquid water effects mixed with various amounts of Gamesworkshop paints.
    Decapitated Heads: G.W. bits
    Drains on the blood alter: Microphone ports from a motherboard (broken comptures are a treasure for getting conversion parts)

Spambot kill tally. . .337

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

He is cool. I really like his movement very fast looking. Those wings come from a Tyranid Gargoyle not a Warrior, the Warrior wings are made by Forgeworld and you'll never find them lying around.

You say your friend dented the metal with his rear end when he sat on it, seriously well made behind he must have.

A question about water effects. How does it work? Does it dry transparent and does it pool. If I wanted to make a puddle would I need to paint the depression the water effects was to go in or does it colour things itself, or hide the colour.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Water effects are incredibly simple. There are two kinds:

1- Realistic Water: Has the consistency of honey. Dries clear or you can add paint to it. Adding small amount of paint 1/100 parts per the realistic water, creates a translucent finish. Adding more makes the finished product come out opaque. If you're wanting to fill in a pool or basin with this stuff, then you can pain the basin (as you mentioned) the desired color and then fill it in with this product. It takes about a day to dry, and it dries very smoothly.

2- Water effects: Has the consistency of toothpaste. This product will stand on its own like toothpaste. It's used mainly to create 'ripples' in the water, but I use it mainly for blood, guts, and slime.

You can get both these products on ebay or at your local hobby shop. Realistic water costs around $16.00, and the water effects cost around $12.00. I bought mine at Hobby Lobby. I hope this information isn't against the forums rules.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Ahhh, good. Thanks I think water effects sounds handy especially for my Tyranids when I decide to make them extra slimy. I don't think that is against forum rules, prices etc are fine.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

I realized that my previous pics weren't showing the detail of the model, so I used a new digital camera. I think it shows the model off much better.

Last edited by Rabbit; February 5th, 2007 at 01:28.

+ Reply to Thread