Bigger Boss - Voting - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Pick a winner!!

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Macewind

1 1.16%
  • King Ulrik Flamebeard

13 15.12%
  • Nexus-Star

1 1.16%
  • Jon Quixote

5 5.81%
  • PoptartsNinja

5 5.81%
  • The Paint Monkey

17 19.77%
  • Minus_T

2 2.33%
  • Codicer Korsai

5 5.81%
  • Gareth

37 43.02%
  • windbourne

0 0%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Bigger Boss - Voting

Yes, voting time folks!! May the best dwarf win!!

There will be five days of voting, then the winner will be decided and we all start over again. Best of luck to you all!

Macewind

King Ulrik Flamebeard

Nexus Star

Jon Quixote

PoptartsNinja

The Paint Monkey

Minus_T

Codicier_Korsai

Gareth

windbourne

Get voting!!

KU

Last edited by King Ulrik Flamebeard; December 15th, 2006 at 01:53.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i voted for gareth because his ability with blending is just incredible. it was close however with minus-t (sorry minus)
    great job with the entries guys shame i just finished my entree now.
    Last edited by hero; December 15th, 2006 at 02:07.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Sorry, afraid not. You missed the deadline by over an hour, sorry. Best make your own thread and show them that way. Or wait five days and try again then.

KU

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Hey- great entries everyone. I've cast my vote- and in the name of sportsmanship it wasn't for me!
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aff.. real pain.. don't know who to vote for.. I think the two best are King Ulrik Flamebeard's and Gareth's.

KUF's Yarrick is very well done, it doesn't feel like a typical "Warhammer 40k style" over the whole model. Hard to explain really but it looks more realistic. A flat look but still not. However I love the model. The base and the freehand is damn good. Good work!

Gareth's Chappy is very well done aswell, the base is just damn good. It makes the model much more good looking with a nice base. :rolleyes: You've done the marble effect very good. It looks like marble. Nice highlights on the black armor, the head and eyes is very well done.. have to learn how to paint skulls like that myself. :ninja: I do like the model but however I think it's something missing, can't tell you as I don't know what. But I think you can do better than this and that's why KUF gets my vote.

So I'm voting for KUF!

Great work to you other people that entered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    467 (x8)

Painting

Right, here is my humble opinion:

Macewind: A great pose and really puts me in the moment. Evocative of 'Predator'. But the paint is a bit too flat and thick. Otherwise, fab.

KUFFY: Top model, excellent painting, but the cloth is a little too shiny for me and there is something about the base that disturbs me. I can't say why. Hmm.

Nexus Star:Good model, but it looks like the scales on the back got forgotten, even if they weren't, and a bit of contrast there I think would have really helped the model.

JQ: A poor photo, and there is something wrong with the black lining on the shoulder pad and it really ought to be fixed.

Poptarts:By far the best conversion for me. However, the colours are a bit flat, and the blue is odd. Great model, though.

The paint monkey: Beautiful white. Beautiful. But the base lets it down, a little plain.

Minus T: Tied second place with Kuffy for the excellent painting, particuarly the yellows. There was something that didn't pop for me though.

Codicier: Unfortunately, as you said the rushed photo makes it too blurry, sorry. Great model though, is it an old school Techmarine?

Gareth: Pah, you get my vote :yes: , because there is nothing that I can find fault with, not even a niggling feeling. Pah pah pah. Pah.

Windbourne: Nice reds, but a bit flat too. And there is something about the angle of the incinerator arm that doesn't look right. The scroll on the base is great though. Did you paint the words, or did you use a pen?

So whether you liked that or not (if not, sorry, don't take it to heart, and I'll remove/edit it if requested) there are my thoughts.

Once more to Kuffy, Thanks, I reallly do enjoy these little friendly comps, and it's great to see such a turn out.
    Cervantes: In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after much deliberation and head scratching i voted for gareth as it is very good.(Y)

Well done everyone, once again one person will get almost all the votes while quite few will get not many but that is the way with painting compititions and it isn't personal.
    Total 40k: >5000pts
    total WFB: ~2000pts
    I also enjoy good music, fine food, late night strolls on the beach and dancing in moonkin form :)

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    695 (x8)

This was really hard, for me it was between three people.

Minus t, Kuffy and Jon Quixote.

Out of the 3 i ruled minus t out due to lack of detail or freehand. I liked Kuffy's attention to detail and lovely base. And Jon Quixote's battle damage was superb. Out of these 2 it was tricky, but the converting and battle damage of Jon Quixotes won me over. He got my vote and seal of approval.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was tempted by King Ulrik's Yarrick and Minut_t's farseer, but I just had to vote for Gareth... I keep on going back to look at that chappy, especially the shading/highlighting on the arm with the crozius arcanum.

Nice reds, but a bit flat too. And there is something about the angle of the incinerator arm that doesn't look right. The scroll on the base is great though. Did you paint the words, or did you use a pen?
    Yeah, the arm does look a little odd, but not so much when he's on the table. Also, the highlighting was pretty subtle on this guy, and unfortunately it got completely washed out in the photo. The scroll was entirely painted, and to be honest I am probably happier with the that and the base than the rest of the model But that just gives me a reason to make a new, better one :yes:

Well done to everyone who entered! I'm already looking forward to the next one...

-wb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    467 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by windbourne View Post
    The scroll was entirely painted, and to be honest I am probably happier with the that and the base than the rest of the model But that just gives me a reason to make a new, better one :yes:
    Kudos, I can never write that small and I'm always tempted to use a pen. Well done again for that.
    Cervantes: In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast