Advice Plz - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Advice Plz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so i actually bought my space marine army box,codex,and rule book!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT anyways i got sum glue the guy gave me for free but i still need the paint hehehehe. So i was wondering what primer,paint and all that junk u need for the models... Any help what r your favorite brands? stuff like that (screaming for answers... Cnt Get away from warhammer and must get back to glueing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )... ty

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

plz any will do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

elmer's woodglue is my bitch.

Random, yes i know, but true none the less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well citadel paint is wot most use...
    wot marines chapter would you collect...
    for my DAs i use black primer, but for ultramarines i'd use white if i collected those...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x4)

I used a couple of glue brands before i found my favorite. I use Bison super glue (its a white with a bull on it). And i use citadel paints.
    Primer?, what you paint the model with first so the paint doesnt slip of the plastic? i just paint 'em with Citadel paints. White if they're gonna be light, black if they are dark.
    That help?

Your fluffraping hurts my eyes. - TehDarkPredator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

I use Plastic Welder (a form of glue that actually melts plastic to itself) it is excellent and all scale modellers use it, its Called PRO WELD.

For metal to plastic or resin or even metal to metal, I use ZAP GEL. This is better than regular crazy glue cause its a gel and thus does not drip everywhere.

As far as paint goes. Since you are new to this, might as well stick to the Citadel paints. When I use them for a few colors, i mix them in a little plasic dish with rubbing alcohol. This makes them flow better and you dont get that nasty build up on the paint. The alcohol only last a few minuts as it evaporates fast. But, it is an excellent way to "cut" the color.

Bill :ph34r:

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

For the start, normal Citadel colours will work fine, later you might want Vallejo colors, which are far superior (but usually you have to order them on the www, while you can buy citadel colors in your store).

At first, you definitely need some spray to prime your models, either white or black spray, depending on the color that they later are supposed to have (white for bright models, black for darker ones). However, i meanwhile prefer to prime anything in white, because it's not hard to apply shades with inks on a white primer, and it works better for the main layers, but that's just my personal preferance.

Some colors that you'll need are black and white (eventually both as spray and "normal" paint), blood red, some green, boltgun metal, eventually gold and silver, blue, yellow. With these, you can mix most other colors that you need - so you can paint these without having bought it (which you later should do though, because it's quite hard to mix exactly the same color twice)

Don't get discouraged if things don't work that good at the start - everyone had difficulties, and painting a miniature requires experience, such as "what will happen if i paint this color over that one", "what is the worst thing that could happen if this technique doesn't work". I think we all ruined more than one model...that's inevitable.

jwu

Closed Thread