A quest for knowledge - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Geneva, the Warhammer Deadzone
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

10 (x1)

A quest for knowledge

Greetings and well met converters of Librarium,
    My Dark elf army is nearing its second phase of completion. Phase one was buying, phase two is assembling it, and phase three will be painting(god only knows when I will get to this...) anyways... after reviewing my army I realized that they were leaderless! I love the highborn on a manticore combo, it has done well in playtest, but I have no idea how I could convert one! I have tried using some highelf calvary legs a base, but it failed. So I seek the knowledge of ye converters. Any suggestions?

In an Imperium of a million worlds, what is the death of one world in the cause of purity?
    ~Inquisition credo

He who allows the alien to live,
    shares its crime of existence.
    ~Inquisitor Apollyon

2. Remove Advertisements

Holy Terra
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

258 (x5)

Have you tried using the supplied rider that comes with the manticore? If you saw him off at the waist and replace his upper body with a suitable attired Elven model you could end up with a nice looking rider which fits well onto the maticore. You could adorn the legs with some armour moulded from GS to make them look a little different. This way you have a pair of legs made to fit onto the manticore's shoulders and could do anything you wanted with the upper body.

Alternatively you could have an elf standing on the shoulders of the manticore, with one hand holding some reins attached to the beast's mouth, and the other holding a weapon. This would look very dramatic and would afford you a much greater choice of different legs to use.

Hopefully these ideas help mate. Good luck with the conversion.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

+ Reply to Thread