Imperial Guard Paint Schemes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imperial Guard Paint Schemes

I am planning on making a mostly footslogging imp guard army, with 2 russes(and some more not troop stuff up to 1850)

--Okay here are my ideas, one is in another thread but I dont have an airbrush so screw that.
    -shadow grey armor and helmet with kommando khaki clothes
    -shadow grey armor and helmet with graveyard earth clothes
    -shadow grey armor and helmet with codex grey clothes

--I want an urban type theme so do you think these look urban enough while still having a dirty theme but looking good?

--Can you think of anything with an urban scheme that would look good?

( think I may take one of GWs but I have no fortress grey)

Last edited by spikevash13; January 2nd, 2007 at 07:27. Reason: I am kinda changing the question

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You got any fluff?Any story,back ground,what terrain your regiment fights best in?Where there fighting now?

Do blue clouths and green armour(shoulder pads,helmets,the armour on the boot)or switch it around.I really can't think of something with blue and green,kind of weird colors to put together.Or do blue clouths and grey armour,green armour then grey clouths,just giving combinations really.Mix match,I think theres a online IG painter on the GW UK forums.
    *EDIT*Here it is http://uk.games-workshop.com/imperia...ash-painter/1/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just found a picture of that type and it does look good, if you can paint and make it work.

I do not have any background or anything at all really on these guys I just wondered if anyone had any ideas. I do like that gw thing, but its not always the best, no shading and whatever.

Even though I like those colors you dont have to mix, match, or use them I was just saying that would make them cooler in my eye.

Finally I thank anyone who helps I know it sounds wierd but I have been looking all around and thinking about schemes but none have really looked awesome to me (at one point I thought purple and green, now thats funny.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

IG codex has at least one page full of small samples (or is it two). Basically, any two distinctive colors can be used. If you think that you can manage doing camo on 50+ models - you just tripled your options probably. Since IG is based loosely on today’s military, you can look online for camo schemes from different military organizations from around the World. But I think that like someone suggested already, you should start with a fluff. IG detachment from an icy planet will not use a desert camo (and vice versa), so you at least will know in which direction to go... Good Luck!

PS. I am using a black cloth highlighted to grey with dark red armor... Looks OK and could be used for a Traitor IG army too

Last edited by SmokWawelski; December 28th, 2006 at 15:14.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope this works

I have found an awesome paint scheme, I think. But I was going to ask people what colors they thought this tank and army were painted.

Last edited by spikevash13; December 29th, 2006 at 01:21. Reason: picture diddnt work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use a urban cadian theme. Primed black, drybrushed white on all cloth which is then washed with slightly watered down midnight blue. "looks alittle like fatigues of light and dark blue" the armour is graveyard earth layered witha half-half mix of graveyard earth and commando khaki followed by straight commmando khaki "gives it a nice concrete look and contrasts with the dark tone of the blue. flesh is done dwarf flesh, with elf flesh highlight.

I'd post my pics if I could, its hard to see the detail though I find it hard to shoot minis.

If your interested i'll send a pic by e-mail, unless if there is a procedure to post pics?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have decided I am going to paint them like those in that picture, thanks for the help though. I think his scheme is like yours except I am painting their armor shadow grey to get the dark blue greyish look. I'm not sure what I am going to use on the tanks, probably kommando khaki, and I have some brown for their clothes

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. March 16th, 2012, 23:47
  2. August 30th, 2011, 09:18