Palanquin of Nurgle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x1)

Palanquin of Nurgle

I'm thinking of modeling my 40K Nurgle lord (w deamonic speed) on a Palanquin of nurgle. I'm just gonna use the banner, bearers and the platform and put my lord in an imposing pose with his manreaper raised to cut down his foes.

I've had a hard time finding any painted examples of the mini. Is it a good one? The pics on the GW site arent very good in my opinion.

I would be grateful for any tips or experiences of the palanquin.

Ikterus

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

Well, having had a quick look round CMON, I coundn't find anything, other than a pretty dodgy convertion. So no help there.

But having checked out the mini on the GW store (it's *this* one, right?), I'd say that it could work quite well.

I'm not certain that you will fit anything much larger than a terminator (if that) on top of the palanquin though, so you might want to try testing it out.

Otherwise, looks cool. Not certain I aprove of nurgle lords with daemonic speed, but the idea of nurglings sprinting makes me laugh, so I'd say roll with it

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Whilst I have almost no experience with this model at all, I have found some pictures of various palanquin models that give a better view of it than the GW site.:

Link--->http://www.witchhunter.net/galerie_nurgle_21.html
    Link--->http://www.cenotaphe.net/miniature.php?miniid=22&id=432

I quite like the idea of using a palanquin, but have you thought about converting your own instead of using the GW one? It shouldn't be too hard to make a stone/wood/etc platform out of plasticard and GS and then find some suitable daemonic servants to carry it. You could go for Nurglings like in the GW model, or perhaps convert some other ugly creatures into some denizen of nurgle and have some of them carrying the platform - like in this example with trolls:

Link---> http://www.pbase.com/nipper/nurgle_army

On top of the platform you could put anything you wanted, including the Lord in a striking pose as you have suggested. You could also pin rotting corpses (use zombie figures) to the palanquin as horrific trophies of the Lord's previous conquests.

Good luck with the model mate. It sounds like a great idea, so please post up some pictures when you finish so we all can see.

Cheers,
    Rich.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x1)

Thanks guys.

Nurglings sprinting are the effect I'm looking for... hehe

I'll experiment with some of my leftover nurglings. But I'll probably order the parts mentioned above. Pics coming up when I've started!
    Ikterus

+ Reply to Thread