Uthwe vehicle headache - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Uthwe vehicle headache

I have begun work upon my Uthwe army. I am happy with my work on my first Guardian, but have yet to branch into my aspect warriors and vehicles. The vehicles are what I am worried about...

The black with bone white I am pretty okay with, but the white design on this Wave Serpent scares me. The Falcons are painted similarly. Other vehicles like the walkers and such are not such a concern.

Now I don't expect to pull off masterclass quality, but how the heck can I pull off something not resembling an embarassment? I am going to enter tournaments and don't want to move down in the ranks because of a shoddy paint scheme.

Advice?

I'm an American, religious, male and a proud Republican. You have your beliefs and (gasp) I have mine. Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    To be "owned" in a game or otherwise is to be miserably defeated by an opponent or an opposing team.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

start off by just drawing the design onto the model with a pencil or similar. play around with it a bit until you are happy. Next take your bone (or if you wish a darker colour to begin with) and out line the design. My best tip to you is to water down you paint a fair bit and ti just layer the paint up. When the paint is this watered down it you make a mistake you can simply wipe off the paint you don't want with a wet brush or tissue. Another good thing about watering down the paint heaps is that at the end of the day you totally stuff it up you can always paint black over it and start again. To finish the design off and to tidy it up a bit go around the edges with chaos black. Hope this helps
    Last edited by Frost; December 29th, 2006 at 09:58.

DOWN WITH THE FALSE EMPEROR!!!MAY HIS GALAXY BURN!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Ulthwé vehicles usually don't have that white streak. That was just a GW painter having fun.

Its not part of the colour scheme so if you don't want to paint it then don't. If you do want to paint it then follow Frost's advice.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by LordLink View Post
    Ulthwé vehicles usually don't have that white streak. That was just a GW painter having fun.

Its not part of the colour scheme so if you don't want to paint it then don't. If you do want to paint it then follow Frost's advice.
    Ah, ok. Good stuff and a relief. Never saw any Uthwe vehicles in the past, so had to go with what I have seen online.

Those crazy GW painters!
    I'm an American, religious, male and a proud Republican. You have your beliefs and (gasp) I have mine. Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    To be "owned" in a game or otherwise is to be miserably defeated by an opponent or an opposing team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ulthwe

Hi

Although the patterns are not Ulthwe specific I do think they really break up the black on large vehicles, maybe try and add a similar but more basic pattern to them?

A method I have used in the past is to paint the area you want the pattern with white and once dried pop some masking tape cut to the shape of your pattern onto the area then undercoat black and remove the masking tape.
    Cheers
    Mouthrax

New Look Website
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread