*Straight out the package* LO Contest - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

*Straight out the package* LO Contest

Ok, firstly I applogise for the length of time it's taken me to get this one sorted but I'm sure you've all liked the breather. Now, to start the new year in style! A nice easy contest this time.

The aim of this month's contest is.. to paint something straight out the blister pack. And please note it is A BLISTER PACK ONLY, nothing else and I will check! You are to paint any single miniature straight from the blister pack, using the base it comes with and no converting. A nice simple challenge.

The closing date of this one is four weeks from now; 30th January 2007. Voting will take place one week later, followed by a week to discuss and rest the new contest [between me and the winner of course] and then it will be starting all over again.

Thanks to Gareth, the previous winner, for this one. Lets hope it is a good one. Here follows the rules..

Contest rules.

People entering have one month in which to design, build and paint a single based model to the theme set. Members will be expected to post their pictures which will then be placed into a thread for voting. It is done so that people can improve their skills, and try out things. And purely for fun, there is no prize or anything, just the fun of it

1.) Models from any manufacturer as is allowed, as are scratch built models.

2.) There is one month to each project.

3.) One base (any size) per entry... Multiple models permanently fixed to the single base are allowed. No armies on display boards though.

4.) Models painted within the time frame are looked upon favourably. (It is of course impossible for us to check). Please use this competition to come up with a new idea.

5.) Pictures can be no wider than 600 pixels or a print size of 25cm with 72dpi

6.) Maximum of two pictures can be posted. Single pictures of multiple views (montages) are allowed.

7.) The organisers of the competition have the right to refuse entry to any applicant if they feel it doesn't meet the criteria

8.) Voting. It is considered bad sportsmanlike to vote for yourself.

And good luck to all!!

If you notice some problem with the rules or you are not entirely sure on something, then please let me know. Either by posting here or PM'ing me, I'll try to be as quick in replying and as clear as I am able. =)

KU

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The Rules
    1.) Models from any manufacturer as is allowed, as are scratch built models.
    Oh kuffy, you really need to read these a bit better 0_-

Anyway, I'm in. A Tau Pathfinder, but is it ok to only enter one out of the 3 in the blister?
    And can I use basing materials like cork to expand the base's area, or do I have to use the flat base, with no 3d additions?

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

hehe.. so I do. =D

Ah, yes. Forgot to clarify that point. You can use any form of basing materials you like, as long as the mini is placed upon the one that came in it's packet. And yes, you can use one out of a multiple blister [Ie: one out of three minis in a blister etc].

KU

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

Awesome good.
    Anyone else entering?

-t.
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

It's likely that I will be, but I'll have to see.... hmm..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by minus_t View Post
    Awesome good.
    Anyone else entering?

-t.
    I'm in! I really hope I can do it this time!
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

What if the mini doesn't come with a base? Is it acceptable to use an appropriate base or does it have to be baseless?
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

I'd like to enter but I have a couple of questions. (Sorry if these are a bit noobish but I've never entered a contest here)

I've posted pics before in the gallery here but with the whole "moving to a dedicated server" thing I haven't been able to access it. So what's the best way to put the pics online for all to see? (or should I just wait until the gallery is back online which will hopefully be before jan. 30th).

No converting. How strict is this? Does reposing (by cutting pinning and some minor gap filling) count as converting? How about weapon swaps? I'm going to assume that you mean as is out of the package with a bit of cleaning and nothing else, but I wanted to be sure.

And finally, how do I enter my photo's? Do I just put them in a post in this thread or do I email them to somebody who collects them all and posts them together?

Oh and I was planning on painting a DE incubus
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

979 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs_n_Orks
    I've posted pics before in the gallery here but with the whole "moving to a dedicated server" thing I haven't been able to access it. So what's the best way to put the pics online for all to see? (or should I just wait until the gallery is back online which will hopefully be before jan. 30th).
    If you head over to **photobucket** you can create an account in a few minutes. Simple, and effective.

No converting. How strict is this? Does reposing (by cutting pinning and some minor gap filling) count as converting? How about weapon swaps? I'm going to assume that you mean as is out of the package with a bit of cleaning and nothing else, but I wanted to be sure.
    I'd assume that aside from cleaning, they have to be absolutely as they look out of the blister.

And finally, how do I enter my photo's? Do I just put them in a post in this thread or do I email them to somebody who collects them all and posts them together?
    I believe that you just post up pics (or links to pics) in here when you're done, and Kuffy sorts out the rest =)

-t.
    Last updated 09/01/11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in too. Bring it -t!
    If you feel that I have been helpful, please click the star, and do the same for anyone else who gives you a hand.

4000+ Of Marines and Daemonhunters
    2000+ Of Tyranids

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast