Librarium Online Forums banner

Tyranid Army Blog Update: 68 Models, 100+ wounds

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  HammyFate 
#1 · (Edited)
[EDIT] Here's my old Army Blog for Anyone who's interested in seeing any of the other models up close: http://209.200.246.44/~librariu/forums/showthread.php?t=72599

Alright guys, I haven't updated my Nids blog since August. Since then I've been distracted with various other armies (namely 700 points of WARMACHINE Khador) but over the last couple of weeks I've been giving my Nids a little TLC. Still filling out the troops. Did another 10 ripper bases and then I added in some spore mines that I had from the Macragge sprue.

Here's what the whole army looks like right now. 68 models. Over 100 wounds. And probably still under 1000 points...

And a top view...slightly less impressive:

Here's a view of all my troops slots so far. 34 termigaunts and 20 ripper swarms. Looks really cool from the side, for some reason it looks like there's more. Probably the illusion created by the carapace patterns:

These little guys were a ton of fun to paint. I dunno why, they're kinda cute, no? well until they spew acid all over you that is...

See less See more
#4 ·
If you can find the time, could you post close ups of the carnifex and warriors please? They look awesome and I'd like to have a better look, I'm sure others would too. Thanks

#7 ·
Heh. Third pic looks like something from a nature show.

Narrator: "These creatures travel in packs, scavenging the wasteland for food."

Nice work.

#8 ·
Well most of this stuff is available in my old blog, but with the server being transfered, I thought I'd start a new post. FOr those interested, here's a repost of stuff from the other blog, with upclose carni pics:

Fex:

Zoans:

Rippers:

Warriors:

Cheers

#10 · (Edited)
Long time no update.

I've been working a lot lately but I've got 2 weeks off now and I finally have a chance to paint a little bit.

I'm almost finished my Tyranid army, here's a shot of the 2 fexes that i painted from before:

Here's the progress so far on a Tyrant and some genestealers. They're only basecoated so far

Tyrant closeup: The arms are not yet glued on, only pinned. I'm not too sure about the positioning ut i figured the tyrant would keep its talons retracted while on the move until it needed them. I did my best to reposition the tyrant in more of a dyanmic pose although you probably can't see it from the photos:

And finally some new additions to Hive Fleet Draconus:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.