Beware the Alien; the Mutant; the Forge world model. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beware the Alien; the Mutant; the Forge world model.

Well, I'm not sure where to post this exactly but I'm guessing if this wasn't the place then it'll be moved.

Anyway I'm here to warn you about Forge world incompetence.

I ordered a Greater Daemon of Slaanesh a few weeks back. Everything went smoothly and naturally I was bouncing around like a preschooler on acid when I saw it had finally arrived. However that all wore off when I actually saw the model...

I can't believe I paid AU$240 for a model covered in mould lines and air bubbles, doesn't include a base, and to top it off it's missing a left claw!

As you can imagine I was rather, heh, annoyed. I can handle the airbubbles, the mould lines and the lack of base as those are all able to be fixed. However I NEEDED that claw, so I emailed forgeworld.

The reply? Well, turns out If I want to take up anything with them I have to call them. If they think I'm going to blow another $30 on an international phonecall, heh, they've got another thing coming.

I don't know what to do. I really don't want to have to blow more cash to get my missing claw back because there's not guarentee I'll get it. Suggestions are welcomed.

Most recent battle: Emperor's children vs Liberty's Vanguard.
    Result - DRAW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by HP Soundwave View Post
    Slaanesh is also sometimes men that look like women and vice versa which is why with slaanesh worship you gotta be careful.
    NOOOOOOO!!! IT WAS A TRAP!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x0)

Kill them all

Seriously though, they should replace the missing part with no charge, well they should whether they would is Impossible, phoning them as you say would cost money, and a letter would take forever, hmmmmm that ia a tricky one

KILL THEM ALL!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did you pay for your model?

I'm presuming you're in the US. If not... nevermind.

If you paid via credit or debit card, go to your bank and tell them you'd like to file a dispute. Tell them you ordered product from a company overseas and that your item was incomplete and signifigantly not as described (i.e. poor/low quality).
    Tell them you tried to contact these people via email and (a) they will not respond or (b) refused to help (whichever is the TRUTH).
    Your bank doesn't need to know you ordered a toy model. <G>

Of course, to be fair, you should send the model back to them (or keep is and wait for them to contact you... tell them you'll pay them AFTER they make the model right).

Eric

P.S.

Oops... just saw that you are in AU. I don't know the banking laws there. If you paid with a credit or debit card, go to (or call) your bank and ask them what your options are if you received something that was incomplete and signifigantly not as described, etc.
    Blue Table Painting
    --Miniatures painting service. High quality, good prices, and quick turnaround.
    www.bluetablepainting.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

I've had a similar problem with FW in the past. As I live in the UK, a phonecall would have cost me very little, but instead I just replied with a polite email that left the recipient in no doubt that I expected a replacement part to be sent.

Perhaps if you email reminding them that it is their duty to provide you with all the parts to a model. Send them your address and original order number etc, and then tell them exactly what part you are missing and say in no uncertain terms that you expect them to provide you with the part you have paid for. It cannot be stressed strongly enough that you should be polite with this email - an impolite one will probably be discarded.

I am not trying to demean you at all when I say that perhaps one of your parents should write the email. Whilst it should not be the case, it is often a fact that a parents words will be taken more seriously than those of a younger person such as yourself. That might get a more favourable response from the FW team.

Hope this helps some. Good luck.

Cheers,
    Rich.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

Yeah, Forgeworld sent me the Avatar I ordered from them...
    I had to practically MAKE the damn thing myself! It was bent out of shape, had flash all over it (and the fkash I'm talking isn't just a thin tab, but thick-ass chunky lines that run through the 'cracks' in his shape), no hilt on the Sword, and he had a broken & mangled topknot for his head, so I had to remove the stump he had left & keep the hair as something to throw at chickens.

I take that as fisherman's luck. I can say I've done a good job fixing him and such, but that and the incompetance you described, Blood...

Forgeworld says on their catalogue they send you with the model/s (BUY MORE OVERPRICED CRAP!!!) they say that the price is so high because they "use the most advanced molding & scuplting techniques to bring the best possible quality". Just give the mould to GW and cast them in metal, it won't be nearly as difficult & crap to make! Forgeworld is weak. WEAK!

Double no fist.
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Email them your telephone number and politely but firmly point out that as it was their mistake you should not have to pay for an overseas call. that will save you the money, that or you'll suddenly ind that email is an acceptable forum for complaints.
    If they still do nothing then send them a box filled with angry bees. Or cane toads.
    Theres nothing false about this monkey. I'm simian through and through.

My Nipponese Dogs of War Army:
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ad.php?t=93112

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

Hmmm. I feel something coming along here...
    Anyone else have bad experiences with Forgeworld? Apart from the rediculous price, that is.

If so, state them in their entirety and exact details. I have a sudden urge to hoard.
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I emailed Forge World I recieved an 'AutoReply" telling me to call them in the UK if I "have a question about your mail order, a problem you need resolved, or anything else urgent" ....*sighs* Oh yeah, did I mention the tip of my sword snapped off too? Don't know what happened to it so I can't just glue it back on.

I'll try email them again in the morning or something.
    Most recent battle: Emperor's children vs Liberty's Vanguard.
    Result - DRAW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by HP Soundwave View Post
    Slaanesh is also sometimes men that look like women and vice versa which is why with slaanesh worship you gotta be careful.
    NOOOOOOO!!! IT WAS A TRAP!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Blood of Slaanesh View Post
    When I emailed Forge World I recieved an 'AutoReply" telling me to call them in the UK if I "have a question about your mail order, a problem you need resolved, or anything else urgent" ....*sighs* Oh yeah, did I mention the tip of my sword snapped off too? Don't know what happened to it so I can't just glue it back on.

I'll try email them again in the morning or something.
    I can certainly sympathize with you. Forge world can be very difficult sometimes. I have heard people being messed with by them before.

I remember a few years ago I ordered a Scythed Hierodule. Forge world said that they were out of stock and the product would not be shipped until the first week of the next month. That was fine so I palced the order. The next month I waited and waited. The month after that and there was no sign of my Scythed Hierodule. I rang them up and they then sent out another. Two days later the Scythed Hierodule finally appeared over a month late. One day after that another Scythed Hierodule appeared.

I have no idea which of the Hierodules was the original I paid for but in truth given the sloppy nature of sending it out I didn't care. Basically Forge world can really mess us around when they are in the mood. Well over half the items I have ordered from them have been late.

You will need to ring them to get this sorted out, they will probably have a policy concerning that. I don't think endless emails will get you anywhere. In my experience if you are calm and explain the problem they will respond in a positive way.

You said the model had air bubbles and mould lines. That is the way of things, I got a Hierophant and I think it will take me a month to trim it. When it comes to that sword being broken, if you just broke it yourself by accident then you will have to fix it. If it arrived broken then explain to them. But I suggest you don't wait forever because they will be less inclined to help if you wait a long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

say you haven't got the model yet they send another one for FREE and you then have two sell the bad one on ebay and there you go one free model
    Find The Exiles site here. Brought to you by spacemarine. Concept, Army list, etc. brought to you by Vlorlich.

If a necron is broken then don't fix it

[SIGPIC]arrra[/SIGPIC]

and here my other site the exiles vs necrons

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast