[40k] (SM) Eaters of the Dead Chaplain - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[40k] (SM) Eaters of the Dead Chaplain

I have edited the picture to a link, this is due to all the boxes down the right hand side being in the way and covering a good part of the mini; spoiling the view. - KU

So, I've begun to repaint my space marines into a very Egyptian theme. (Bleached bone base, black shoulderpads and right knee pad, gold and
    blue chest eagles, turqouise power weapons). My idea is to create a Salamanders successor chapter called the Eaters of the
    Dead. I expect I'll be able to get some nice freehand pantheons and scripts on the vehicles and larger ribbons.

For starters, though, the odd man out - my humble chaplain, clad in his coal-black armor. The mini hasn't been
    converted at all, since I thought it looked bad-ass enough.

Critique me! What do you think of the color scheme (Particularly the chest eagle and crozius)? Is it too highlighted? Not highlighted enough?
    Keep in mind this is not going for a Golden Demon, this is very much a table army
    (That might get tossed into a Golden Goblin contest or two at the Los Angeles Bunker)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/...n/Chaplain.jpg

Last edited by King Ulrik Flamebeard; January 9th, 2007 at 16:59.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Wow, I actually really like it. I've always found a lot of chest eagles very boring, but with the blue and gold, I think it really works! Good for you!
    I'm an American, religious, male and a proud Republican. You have your beliefs and (gasp) I have mine. Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    To be "owned" in a game or otherwise is to be miserably defeated by an opponent or an opposing team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, looks good, the eagle looks wonderful and the crozious looks pretty cool as well. Good job. - Please, use some spaces after your punctuation. - Firedrake28
    Last edited by Katie Drake; January 9th, 2007 at 04:00.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quite a nice mini. As said before, the chest eagle is amazing. They are usually rather monotonous, and it's nice to see something different turn out so well. Beautiful choice of colours for it, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very nice i like it alot you chose a good colour for the weapon and chest eagle and i dont think ive every seen a green purity seal so something new . very good.
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazing work!

great job mate and i love the theme!
    Cheers
    Mouthrax

New Look Website
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Nice mini, it would be worth talking to Kuffey who is also working on Egyptian based marines, the one thing tht doesnt work for me is the green purity seals, it may be because there is so much balck showing through though, the colour its self could be fine
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I second Cheredanine's oppinion. The eagle looks really good I must say. Impressive. The green purityseals feels a bit old-time to me. Like back in the days when everything was a multitude of colours and peoples palettes were like " the more the merrier", but other then that minor detail -superb.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

I have to second (third, fourth...) the notion that blue and gold eagle looks nice. Draws your eye to it and if there are any weak points with the rest of the mini they do not jump at you... I like it. I hope that you did not patent the red-gold-blue iconography!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Good looking mini. I'm not sure if it's the camera or the mini, but it's difficult to make out the detailling of the armor, the joints, and the likes. It be nice to get another image.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast