Chaos Dreadnought conversion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Chaos Dreadnought conversion

Ok, I know it's yet another converted dreadnought thread, but I got quite excited about this one.

I was going to do a WIP thread, but I got carried away and finished it.

Thanks to Chaos Christ for inspiring me, and others for supporting me (you know the ones I mean).

I'd just like to say, I'm convinced that there's really no reason to buy the Chaos Dreadnought model. It's a foolish and weak model. Even if you don't think mine looks as good as the Chaos Dread, I had a lot more fun making it, rather than getting heart attack pinning my thumb to the desk:

Frontal:

Frontal with 2 x CC weapons:

He's totally magnetised, so there's lots and lots of weapon options depending on the list:

TL. Autocannon, Dreadnought CC weapon (i dunno where the flamer went..), Missile Launcher

Here's the TL Las cannon close up:

The CC weapon and combi bolter, my personal favourite:

And finally a mug shot of the dread, take a bow:

What can I say? immense fun. I think it looks pretty cool, but I'm happy with it simply because of how great it was to build the thing

LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Awsome! Very Chaotic. Where's the head from?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mighty Camel View Post
    Awsome! Very Chaotic. Where's the head from?
    Thank you very much Camel.

The head is one of the defiler faces spliced onto the back end of a tyranid warriors's head. You can't see the green stuff very well, but it's melded on rather than just stuck on.
    LO Rules

Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

Im not too big a fan of the tyranid head put under the defiler face, but i love the rest of the model. The CC arm is just amazing,thats my favourite part of the model.

My Arena Champions: Kharn'eth The Bloodcleaver and Gorzag Iron Jaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn nice work. Can't wait to see it painted...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

@ Rob

It's a deal, next one I do won't have a face, it will probably be a mass of writhing tentacles bursting from the sarcophagus.
    The CC arm is pretty cool. Just goes to show what a bit of effort and experimentation can do.

@ Aahz

Well.. the painting.. yes.. you see.. there's always a catch somewhere eh? I should kidnap Leech and only let him go until he's painted it for me. heh heh heh.
    LO Rules

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    @ Rob
    Well.. the painting.. yes.. you see.. there's always a catch somewhere eh? I should kidnap Leech and only let him go until he's painted it for me. heh heh heh.
    Oh no, I'm going to get nabbed. Need to put spikes on my windows. That is a very cool Dreadnought, Is that how we spell Dreadnought? Anyway I really like it. I can see why you went with the plastic one rather than the metal one. Much easier to work with and far more variable because of it's shape and content.

I think my one of my favourite bits is the head. I think that is a very cool way to put together a new head and it's efficient and simple too. I suggest you take a long look at the eyes though. Those eyes are empty sockets and they may benefit from some green stuff eyeballs or possibly some tentacles, such as look at my gross face there are tentacles coming out of it HA HA HA HA !

I also like the right arm close assault weapon. The way the claw is bursting out makes it look like it isn't a part of the Dreadnought's original construction but a mutation because of the warping effects of the Eye of terror, which I think is cool. The other close assault weapon is cool too, looks like a big mangler thing. Very cool work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

i have to agree with the other people about the CC arm, it is definately my favorite piece. the only thing i dont like is the center and legs look a little bare to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

As ever.. i am grateful to you Leech. Thanks. I'll be in touch when I come to paint him.

@ The count.

YEah.. the legs.. there's a bit of stuff going on at the back.. some chains, a zombie - the usual. I thought about draping a small banner between his legs or under the sarcophagus.. like some sort of daemonic bib. But i thought it might get a bit too busy. Maybe i'll give it a go though...

Thanks for all your comments :-)
    LO Rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VERY VERY VERY GOOD, your good *me* is very proud of his servant *you*.

LOL

VERY NICE

TheEnd

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)