rotting head - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rotting head

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

rotting head

I have a chaos mini I am painting up and I was hoping someone could help me with painting rotting flesh. The mini has a few heads on it, but they still have a lot of tissue.

Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    I have a chaos mini I am painting up and I was hoping someone could help me with painting rotting flesh. The mini has a few heads on it, but they still have a lot of tissue.

Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    To make flesh look rotten, there are many ways. Basically a rotten head will have mould and so on all over it. This means it will be discoloured and blotchy if you want. In other words and excuse to be messy, but in a good way.

I have painted at least 600 Zombies for various people. I often painted rotten flesh by first applying a basic flesh tone or purple or a brown-green colour. The purple sounds odd but it will be controlled. Remember use a purple mixed with a little white so it is pale. Basic liche purple is too strong. I then drybrushed it with a lighter flesh tone or bleached bone. I only ever used the purple or green as a base coat.

I then gave it a very light drybrush with white. After this a wash of brown ink was applied. I used a darker and colder shade of brown, warm chestnut inks ruin the effect. After this I painted in the mouth with black or scab red and carefully painted the teeth. The eyes canb be painted in black and then painted purely white, no iris or pupil, if these heads have any eyes left.

The eyes being this colour will make them look dead and lacking the life they once had, basically disturbing. Then there are many options often highlighting the edges around the eye sockets will make the flesh look stretched and unhealthy. These highlights can be very strong as strong changes in the colouration of rotten heads is entirely fine.

You can when starting use several different base colours on several different heads to give the idea they are in differing states of decomposition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

I tried Leech's tactic with some plague marines.

Maybe i got the execution wrong, but i'm really really happy with the results. Try it... you might like it.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

+ Reply to Thread