alternate dire avengers. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

alternate dire avengers.

After deciding black and white for my army looked too basic I tried a variety of colours and settled on this.

The helmet, shoulders and fabrics of every aspect will be painted in that aspects colours. So white for the dire avengers, yellow for the dragons etc, while the body suit will remain blue and brown/green throughout.

Here's my problem, the blue highlights fine, but the damned brown green bits just wont look good for me! I created the colour using snakebite leather mixed with black, so why it turned green is a mystery! Highlighting it in snakebite makes it look green, and highlighting in goblin green makes it look brown, anyone got any advice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I like the look of this Macewind. Realy nice Avenger.
    On the Green-issue, Snakebite contains a lot of yellow. Yellow and black becomes green. A much nicer and colder green then the moe common blue and yellow combo. But still green.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

Now you tell me! lol. Any advice on highlighting it though? I was thinking of mixing some more of it and then adding white, but god knowswhat colour that will become!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in my experience, snakebite leather with white becomes almost orange, a bit like the mud that forms in iron-heavy waters... I don't know how to explain it, but it is orange-ish... I use it to paint dirt in claws and bones.

I guess it also depends on the amount of white you use...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

problem is the base colour (mixing snakebite leather with black) as others have pointed out, If you want brown far better to start with a darker brown (scortched) then blend throgh snakebite leather into desert yellow mate
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread