My Night Lord heroes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

My Night Lord heroes

They are both the night lord hero model, the first is straight out a blister and the second is my converted lieutenant, Valdraak.

Valdraak:

C&C more than welcome

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man that second one dominates. Nice work on the paint job as well as the awesome conversion!
    "Da mekz 'ave made you da best armour coz you're da best ork"

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

nice use of the night lord lord there. Cool

Dan

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Nice work overall, both look pretty cool. However, the main problem with the first one I can see is that it looks rather busy. There are a good deal of colours involved and it just, to my eyes, looks a little too busy. I don't know exactly how you could counter this other than, say paint the first hand blue; not bronze. However, that's a niggling point. Overall nice work, I do just think you could work on the metallics a little bit - they look a bit rushed and missing depth; especially the bronze. And again with the red, looks like it is missing shading or highlighting. But a nice mini.

With the second mini, my main concern is the wings. They're large and impressive, sure but it's how they connect to the marine. They don't seem like organically placed, more just stuck on like an after thought. Spoils the effect I feel. Otherwise, as above; good work!

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

Thanks for the comments everyone.

@Kuffy: I agree that it is an extraordinarily busy mini, but it does have a lot of details and I wanted them to stick out so the miniature could be used as it ought to be (there's no point in details if you gonna hide them)

As for Valdraak. I pondered this over and over and what I came up with was the easiest and best solution. I had to file away the backpack connection. I then placed the wings and tried to GS them so they look to be connected (I'm new to GS) then GSed the gold armor lining around the wings to make it look as though the armor was made with space for his wings.

I tried my best and I am satisfied with the results... I wish you could see them for real as the photos don't do them justice. especially the metals and reds, which I can assure you, do have more depth as I see them.

Thanks again
    Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice, although I would've positioned the wings a tad bit higher.

Good!

-The God of all Machines
    W/D/L
    -Imperial:50/2/10
    -Non-Imperial:10/1/4

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Thanks for the comments everyone.

@Kuffy: I agree that it is an extraordinarily busy mini, but it does have a lot of details and I wanted them to stick out so the miniature could be used as it ought to be (there's no point in details if you gonna hide them)

As for Valdraak. I pondered this over and over and what I came up with was the easiest and best solution. I had to file away the backpack connection. I then placed the wings and tried to GS them so they look to be connected (I'm new to GS) then GSed the gold armor lining around the wings to make it look as though the armor was made with space for his wings.

I tried my best and I am satisfied with the results... I wish you could see them for real as the photos don't do them justice. especially the metals and reds, which I can assure you, do have more depth as I see them.

Thanks again
    Cheers

Fair enough. I know what you mean about greenstuff, I'm still learning and slowly getting a little better. And it is a busy mini, I actually have one myself (will get round to painting it up one day..) but I haven't looked all that closely at it truthfully. I find that with many pictures, highlights and shading tends to get "lost in translation" so to speak. =)

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Omnissiah View Post
    Very nice, although I would've positioned the wings a tad bit higher.

Good!

-The God of all Machines
    The wings couldn't go any higher, they already take up the whole back... lets see if I can find a WIP shot...

And this is Valdraak's arm as a WIP:
    Last edited by Dodge; January 23rd, 2007 at 19:50.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh...still looks good

-The God of all Machines
    W/D/L
    -Imperial:50/2/10
    -Non-Imperial:10/1/4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

Thanks, I really really appreciate the feedback.

Regards,
    Dodge

+ Reply to Thread