New Forgeworld Building project with pics - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x1)

New Forgeworld Building project with pics

Well for those that arent aware we have a long weekend down here in Aust and I decided to make it a little longer by having thursday off as well. So with a free day on my hands, i decided that it was time to complete yet another project that i have had on the boil for a loooonnnngggggg period of time. This time it was the forgeworld blacksmith's hut/house. This peice came out in 2004 from memory so as you can see I have threatened it with being painted for some time now.

This piece was actually quite good to paint it did not have many of the normal resin painting issues that I have mentioned before, and the piece itself seems to fit together quite nicely without too much aggressive filing required.

As for the colours, I decided that the stone work would work well with greys, so I started with Shadow Grey, then used a 50/50 mix of shadow and space wolf, and then finally a highlight of just space wolf. The wood was down with scorched brown, followed by vermin brown, finally a vermin brown and bleachedbone bone mix. The ground was dark flesh, snakebite leather and then snakebit and bleached. The coals were painted with basically a dark red, throught to the lightest red, then the same with orange and then yellow, so there are about 9 colours in them.

Anyways enough rambling of to the pics.

Well now this project is completed I am going to use the rest of the long weekend, well a good portion of it to start my most ambitious project yet, hopefully I am able to get the ideas from my head and put them in practice, it promises to be a decent challenge. IF it looks like it will work i will post up some in progress pics.

Army most recently finished (well kinda): Space Wolves
    Last Project completed: Converted Aegis Defence Lascannon
    Next Project: Long Fang Diaorama

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks good. I can picture a whole village of building similar to that looking really cool. ( and also your bank really empty...lol) Good Work!

DOWN WITH THE FALSE EMPEROR!!!MAY HIS GALAXY BURN!!!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well this sure was a positive surprize.
    The work put into that building looks great.
    I am generally a very picky gamer and usually I try to avoid FW due to the very stiff prices.
    But I must agree that their buildings really make up for the price one pays.
    Those models have great deal of detail, but when it all comes ot it's right it's up to the person giving them the finishing look that gets the final finger on the full gaming impression.

Your work with this model is excellent, good use of colours and with an excellent gradient shade and highlight.
    My biggest "fear" in models is the constant lack of surrounding land and accompanying features. I feel you have managed well with this model, it is not the biggest base but it leaves that little bit that gives that final impression.

OJ
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

S-N
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Wow this is really good. Excellent work!

I really like the stone on the building, I have never been able to make it look that good. Perhaps I will try your method. I also want to give kudos on the fire/coals, It is really hard doing 2 dimensional fire effects, but you pulled it off nicely.

I do have one question. Does Forgeworld still sell that resin set? I was not able to find it on their site.

That would work great for Mordheim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x1)

Thanks for the comments guys

Silent Ninja,

The kit is still avail here is a link it is the blacksmith's forge, about 1/4 of the way down.

Forge World WARHAMMER TERRAIN

The stonework is really easy to do like that, it really doesnt take much to get it to that standard. The key is keeping the area near the ground a little dirty, and dark near the wood pieces that really helps to make it stand out more in the middle.
    Army most recently finished (well kinda): Space Wolves
    Last Project completed: Converted Aegis Defence Lascannon
    Next Project: Long Fang Diaorama

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Great work, Hilly. I have to agree that the coals are superb.

I really like some of the forgeworld buildings (particularly that coaching inn..drool..) however buying them would mean buying less models for my armies. Maybe I can convince my club to get some...
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

+ Reply to Thread