New way to convert GK Grand Masters or BCs? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Ein
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    472 (x6)

New way to convert GK Grand Masters or BCs?

So, I've been peeking through some of the up-and-coming models for next month, including the new Librarian in Terminator Armor model that is going to be released. I have to say I'm really excited about this model in particular, as I think it might make a wonderful base for a conversion to a Grey Knight Brother-Captain or Grand Master, without using Stern's model. I've seen a lot of GK HQ conversions based off Marneus Calgar, as well - in fact, my own HQ model is simply calgar's body with replaced arms and head and a bit of work to disguise the ultramarine components.

Wouldn't that make an awesome Grey Knight Brother-Captain with a simple arm and head swap? The books are highly appropriate. I want one of these so bad now. I imagine the GK Termie arms would fit pretty well on this body, actually - the only thing that would prove to be a challenge is remodelling the head to look less 'librarian-hood' esque and into a GK helm, though that might not be explicitly necessary in terms of a character HQ.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Second Company Apothecary SentryKiller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Actually, the GK Termies have a smallish psychic hood built into their armor already.

http://www.narthecia.com/images/gkt.jpg << click link to view

You can (mostly) see it on the rightmost image.

Stern doesn't have a helm in his current incarnation, so that shouldn't be an issue. Just make him Grey, and you're good to go.

Now I'm wanting one too....

Ein
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    472 (x6)

I didn't ever really notice that, actually. I guess that means I could leave the head as-is... though if it is a separate piece, I will definitely be swapping it out for a GK helm.

Literally three minutes in photoshop, just to get an idea of what I might do:

Senior Member Phoenix Guard 1988's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you could manage to put a sword pointing downward through the book on top, it could be pretty cool and fluffy to have the GK's insignia over his head. Good idea with the photoshop.
    1500 years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe
    500 years ago everybody knew the world was flat
    5 minutes ago you knew humans were alone on the planet
    Imagine what you'll know tomorrow

Imagine-John Lennon

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

My own GK GM was also converted using Calgar's body, but this is a nice model. :yes: Do the arms come separated from the main body? If not, it could pose a bit of a problem, as cutting the metal is always a pain. Like the idea, too, and the photoshopped version looks pretty neat.

Gonna go ahead and boot this to the Conversion forum, however.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love that model and i love your grey knight version. I will definatly be picking up one of the new librarians.
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Intergalatic Toaster Maxy_the_con's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this model is making my head melt with excitement, a grey knight conversion of that would be damn cool, if your talented enough you could remove the chest plate (but not the robe) and make re-model it so it looks like the grey knight termi chest plate i think that would look bloody cool :shifty:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awesome idea, as far as the head goes, one could GS the front of a GK termi helm on there, or even just the lower half of a visor(as seems to be rather popular with GK hq models.

Ash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    333 (x5)

Thats got to be the best looking model GW has made in a long time.
    I've taken the helmets off GK models before, but I don't think I could bring myself to chop the head off that; It's too nice.
    Anyone know when its likely to hit the shops?

p.s. nice photoshoppin' Jamsessionein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It should hit the shops about the 10th of March (with the new DA stuff). The left arm's hand is removable, as I believe is the right arm, either the hand or the whole thing, I am not too sure. Just consider what can be made in a two piece mould.

+ Reply to Thread