Looking for Necron Destroyer conversions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for Necron Destroyer conversions

I'm beginning to create a display scene of a 3 way battle. I have my army lists created with one of them being necrons.

I'd like to have all of the models (excluding warriors) to be unique. Unfortunatley I'm finding Necrons to be hard to come up with conversion ideas for. I've found lots of ideas for necron lords and even a very impressive idea for Tomb Spyders right on these very boards that I think I'll modify a bit and use ( NECRON Tomb Spyder Conversion (Several Pictures) - Librarium Online )

I'm looking for conversion ideas for the necron destroyers. So far, I haven't been able to find much. :cry:

Does anyone have some links to some conversions? I need some ideas to get the old creative juices flowing.

Last edited by Shadowmant; January 28th, 2007 at 23:29.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmant View Post
    I'm beginning to create a display scene of a 3 way battle. I have my army lists created with one of them being necrons.

I'd like to have all of the models (excluding warriors) to be unique. Unfortunatley I'm finding Necrons to be hard to come up with conversion ideas for. I've found lots of ideas for necron lords and even a very impressive idea for Tomb Spyders right on these very boards that I think I'll modify a bit and use ( NECRON Tomb Spyder Conversion (Several Pictures) - Librarium Online )

I'm looking for conversion ideas for the necron destroyers. So far, I haven't been able to find much. :cry:

Does anyone have some links to some conversions? I need some ideas to get the old creative juices flowing.
    Well, there was a WD a while back that had some unique warrior conversions. Basically they involved attaching some flayed ones' hands to the ends of the wrists, while the gauss flayer was mounted on the shoulder, like a Gundam-esque missile launcher or something. Very interesting.

For the destroyers, I suppose you could do sort of the same thing, though you'd need to create something to replace the gun from the elbow down. Offhand, my best guess would be to use some plasticard rods, and maybe ONE flayed one hand at the end, perhaps extended out like it's gonna decapitate something.
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

Re: destroyer conversions

These seem to be made out of toggle bolts

Any style of a flying model with a big gun and a skull head would work though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canew - Not really looking to convert the warriors. Though a shoulder mounting might look good on the destroyers. Might have to blue tack a few pieces together to get an idea of the look.

Spittle - I like the idea of replacing the destroyer body with the spider legs. Having 4 rods to hold it up is a bit intrusive... but the idea is very interesting and something that I might be able to work with.

Thanks for the ideas so far

Any more would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that looks cool, reminds me of dragons from starcraft! Hmm, new army theme!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I came up with a bit of an idea last night. Using the picture of those destroyers as a base to start with. I thought of removing the legs at the "knee" area and mounting on some sort of jetpacks.

I could then use the connect the mounting rods from the base to the jet packs to secure the model. Wrapping some cotton around the rods and spraying them black with some grey highlighting would make it look like exaust coming from the packs.

Now to try and find something to use as the jetpacks that would look decent. Ideas?

+ Reply to Thread