Converting OK - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Converting OK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Converting OK

Does anybody have (or know where I can find) some pictures of (or tutorials how they've) converted OK? I assume there will be lot's of GS involved and wanted to get some inspiration before I started cutting up models and plasticard.

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Slappy View Post
    Does anybody have (or know where I can find) some pictures of (or tutorials how they've) converted OK? I assume there will be lot's of GS involved and wanted to get some inspiration before I started cutting up models and plasticard.

Cheers
    Can you tell us what sort of conversions you're looking for? Are you converting ogres for another army or trying to personalise your own ogre force?
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking of building a very individual OK army, maybe basing an army around one of the special characters in the codex. Jhared the Red or maybe one of the other Tyrants mentioned (An Ogre Tyrant with a full suit of plate armour riding into battle on mechanised Rhinoxen sounds too cool for school). I know there aren't any special rules for them at present but I'm not looking for Tourney legal, just a fun couple of units for crushing thinlings.

For the rest of the army I was thinking of having themed units, obviously the bulls would be in character with whichever Tyrant I go with but I might have all Ninja Maneaters, or an all Female unit. (Ogre Cow rush anyone?).

I know it's a big project and will take forever but I'm looking forward to it. What I really need is some hints, tips and general advice from anybody that has already worked on an OK conversion and what lessons they've learnt, what can substitute and what can't etc..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

The Paint Monkey is your man. He's a really good painter, if you hadn't guessed by the title or avatar.

You could also try the conversion forum. You might get some good advice there, too.

I haven't fooled with converting any of my ogres because of the amount of work involved. Their arms and torsos are designed in a such a way that repositioning them is well beyond my paltry green stuff skills.

It'd be great, though, if you post some pics as you go through the process.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Wd

There was an excellent article I think it was in US White Dwarf 300 on a variety of conversions for OK plastic models. There a really nice one of a red daemonic ogre that almost looks like a cross between a minotaur and a blood thirster without wings. It had eyeballs strung around its neck. Also there have been a few nice conversion making them into minotaurs with wolf heads or metal minotaur heads.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04 View Post
    The Paint Monkey is your man. He's a really good painter, if you hadn't guessed by the title or avatar.

You could also try the conversion forum. You might get some good advice there, too.
    Thanks! I didn't do too much with mine beyond a little greenstuff and arm/leg swaps, for hooks and peglegs. I can tell you that ogres are great to work with simply due the size of them. It makes life a whole lot easier.

Best thing to check when starting out is here-

GW Online : News : Convershun Klinic : Working With Green Stuff

This is a great help!

Let us know if there is a particular thing you're trying to do and maybe find a reference photo or two, they are really handy, too.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

746 (x8)

Jhared the Red was featured as a conversion, together with his rhinox and rules in a UK WD a while back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The paint monkey has nailed it on the head there. Ogres are fantastic to convert because of their size i would say don't be too afraid because you will more than likely pull it off using the simple techniques given on the GW site.
    I myself have converted a few ogres but mine are just for comic value so what i did isn't really much use ot you but if you need any help with things pm me im mroe than happy to help you out.
    I plan to live forever, so far so good.

+ Reply to Thread