Jerrycan you help me? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Jerrycan you help me?

I have started my IG army not long ago. I have one model painted
    The coloursheme on the soldiers I have figured out already; gritty-grey with a touch of mud and despair. The tanks will be Shadow Grey, worn, but I'd really like some advice on the details. I am now really stuck.
    While painting I came to the jerrycan and the Toolbox. Mind went blank. I tried green - that was far from OK. Faaaar from.
    I wonder if you can help me. I'm not that used to other colours then black/white and flesh/pain, this is a real challenge for me. Please help...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

You could paint the Jerrycans in matching camouflage to the tank, then highlight it on the wear points to give it a used look.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://godisimaginary.com/index.htm
    Diabolus fecit, ut id facerem!
    ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

never mind, misunderstood what you were asking. ignore what i posted earlier(i deleted it)
    Last edited by Koss; February 6th, 2007 at 00:09.
    That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Now, part of me agree with you Phorimo, that would be the logical solution but I think the tank would look a bit to uniform if I used the same colour yet again.
    I would like to create a feeling the can and toolbox have been added at a later stage. They have been picked up during the campaign- kind of thing.
    But I am however very grateful for your advice.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    282 (x5)

Well you have used some blue tone on the tank, its looks good by the way. To compliment that blue I shod use a color that is drawn to red.

There is a few alternatives, a dark red can work, but I think a brown/red shod look better. Its also possible to use a brown/orange tone. Its also possible to combined different shades of brown and red on different parts, if you don’t want al the details the same colors. You have started using a color that I’m talking about on that blanket. If you use something like that it will look good, at least that what I think.

Anyway blue shades and red shades work well together most of the time. I can understand that blue and green didn’t work that well, they will need other colors to compliment them.
    Keep the paint diluted and thin :)
    (first rule in Zentradis book of painting)
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/Zentradi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What colour are your weapons and other bits and pieces on your troops ?

You could go with black and a little bit of mitheral silver to give it that metallic look, do the trim with bolt gun metal and highlight where required.

Alternatively, again depending on you weapons colours for you troops, what about bright red ? Would achieve the "we got that after we left" look, but it may contrast to much with you colour scheme.
    98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, and blindly believe everything you read on the net, then put this in your signature.

PS - i AM the Green Lantern

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the same color scheme for my tanks and just did jerry can in traditional codex gray slight highlights on edges with a good dark wash slightly more than wash used on tank. I must say that your shadow grey has turned out a bit brighter than mine. Which is weird cause i undercoat mine with a white primer. maybe thats why i had no problem going with codex grey with my jerry cans.
    Last edited by fullmetaljohnson; February 6th, 2007 at 17:25.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

Personally, i wouldeither go with a blackish color, i.e. very dark grey or something along that line, or a brown color. I found that with my guard Scortched earth lends its self nicely to greys and blacks. Also, if you want it to look new, dont paint chips or wash it, just highlight it, and your done.
    "This sure ain't no pansy Eldar Armor, Son"
    185th Cadian Armored Div.

"One Shot, One Kill"
    Western Border Patrol of Athel Loren

+ Reply to Thread