Me Buying Vallejo Colors-Help Wise Ones!!!!!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Me Buying Vallejo Colors-Help Wise Ones!!!!!!!

I am planning on shelling out some Cash for some new paints-Vallejo Colors. the only thing is i need help figuring what i should get. i am going to need flesh tones, obviously. greys for the IG army i am starting, and the equivalent to ultramarines blue and Dark angels green.

Please help!
    rep is complimentary upon help. come and get it boys! (and girls.)

Remember, if someone helps you with anything, REP THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by 10th Lyran View Post
    "Wow, that's awesome, I wish my leg looked like that!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Just Drop the Angels and you get the equivalent to Dark Angels Green, Dark Green. As far as I know there is no real equivalent to Ultramarines Blue, but Imperial Blue is nice, a bit darker, but still you could light it up by mixing it with whites, greys or whatever you find appropriate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Page 1

this has a comparison chart from vallejo colors to GW.

as far as a good flesh color i would go with bronze flesh. and ultramarines blue is ultra marine blue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

thanks for all the help. both have recieved rep. any more insight?

Remember, if someone helps you with anything, REP THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by 10th Lyran View Post
    "Wow, that's awesome, I wish my leg looked like that!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

From the model colour range, id suggest starting with medium fleshtone, its a nice tanned color, then build up your highlights using flat flesh and basic skintone. For the game color range elf skintone is a nice base color.

If you want your men to look more gaunt and tired, like they have been on the front lines for far too long id suggest getting plauge brown, dead flesh, ochre and beige.

As far as the greens and greys go, theres litrally loads to choose from. Try getting a couple f the camo colors, like german cam green, dark sea green and lime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

I won't list colors as you have a link to comparisons.... There is an ultramarine equivalent - I believe it is simply Ultramarine...

If you have a store local that carries them I would go there to view the colors in person. In general I would start with:

black, white, a grey or two, a shade or 2 of brown, a basic blue, green, and red, and your flesh colors. I would also include the various metals. Maybe a yellow....

Once you have your base colors I would expand the shades for colors you plan on using the most. For example greens - after starting with a mid green color I would round it out with a darker green and a lighter green.

Over time you will amass quite a collection. I have nearly all the colors in the game range now and quite a few of the model colors.

Personally I like the game colors better but there are way more shades in the model color. Also I just found out that vallejo now has their own inks available. I haven't tried them yet but I do like the eye dropper bottles.

Bottom line - start with what you think you will use.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

+ Reply to Thread