Archon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Archon

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

5 (x1)

Im making an archon for my dark eldar and need some ideas for converting it. Im starting with a warrior body and legs. its right arm has a mutated chaos arm, and in the left im making a scythe like a grim reaper. It needs some sort of cape or cloak but im not sure how i should make one?

dont steal, the government hate competition

2. Remove Advertisements

Holy Terra
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

258 (x5)

By far the cheapest way to make the cape would be from GS. If you have never worked with GS before than pratice a bit first to get the hang of it then go ahead and scuplt one for your model. All you need to do is mix up your GS and then place it between two dampened sheets of cling film (cellophane wrap/whatever you like to call it) and then roll it flat with a rolling pin. Let this cure for a while (an hour or two) until it is partially set, then cut out the shape of the cape with a pair of sharp (slightly dampened) scissors. With the shape cut out, peel off the cling-film and apply the cape to the model. As it is not fully cured yet, you can positition the cape in a way which best suits your model. This method is nice and simple, but can take a bit of pactice to get right so don't give up too soon if you find it hard.

Alternatively you could buy a pre-made cape from GW - just have a look through their website. The main problem with these is that they can be difficult to attach to a model they wern't built for, and can end up looking raher odd if their "flow" doesn't fit with the rest of the model. I would suggest trying the GS aproach first - it will give you the most customisability and is much (much!) cheaper.

Good luck mate, hope I helped.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

+ Reply to Thread