Tau Color Scheme - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau Color Scheme

Hey y'all. I've finally decided on my Tau color scheme: Black undersuit with Hawk Turqoise colored armour pannels.

The color doesn't have to actually be Hawk Turqoise, just something like it. Of course, Tau Armour looks GREAT when done with blacklining, but I don't really have time for that, and so I was wondering. Is there any company with produces Turqoise ink out there maybe? Or at least something which can pass for it. According to the GW website, the 'Dark Green Ink' is actually pretty damn turqoisey, so I was wondering if that applied over a white undercoat on the armour would look nice? Would the effect look similar to black lining? Or just messy?

Thanks for any help.

Let Victory Be My Wine

Without Death, Pain loses all relevence
    Without Pain, Death loses all relevence

"Is there anything you dont know about 40K ???" - Friend
    "Well, I still haven't worked out where Termies keep their spare ammo..." - Me

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

The effect won't be identical to black lining if you use inks. It will be rather softer. I don't know about the GW dark green ink. I suggest that you use winsor and newton ink. Viridian ink would be best. Hawk turquoise is a cold colour. You will need cold ink to get the correct kind of shading that you want.

When using inks in this way you will as you have stated need to avoid it becoming messy. To do this use a limited amount of ink on the brush. this will prevent it from pooling on the surface of th armour plates which is where the biggest problems concerning messy inks come from.

I would suggest if you can find the time that you use paint to do the lining and use highlights along the edges to cover up any mistakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

The best way to do this would be to prime black and just paint the armor plates tourqouise and avoid the cracks to keep the black in there. There is all your black lining. Do some highlights on the plates, paint the eyes red or some other such gem color and then drybrush the cloth codex grey and your set.

Joe Peshi (lone wolf) kill tally:Lash Sorcerer, Ghazkull, Yriel, Termi Libby, Vulkan.

+ Reply to Thread