*Contest* Twisted and Monstrous - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

*Contest* Twisted and Monstrous

First off, well done to Leech for his winning entry and thanks to everyone who entered. It was an impressive turn out, thanks for making it a good contest! I hope people are improving and learning from these things!

On to the new one, curtsy of Leech:

TWISTED & MONSTROUS:
    The idea behind this is that the model would be in some way monstrous or twisted. This could mean big and nasty, behaving in a horrific fashion such as eating someone, or being physically twisted or mutated. A Minotaur is a monster, a Dark Elf maiden torturing someone is twisted, and a Chaos Spawn is monstrously twisted.

Contest rules.

People entering have one month in which to design, build and paint a single based model to the theme set. Members will be expected to post their pictures which will then be placed into a thread for voting. It is done so that people can improve their skills, and try out things. And purely for fun, there is no prize or anything, just the fun of it

1.) Models from any manufacturer as is allowed, as are scratch built models.

2.) There is one month to each project.

3.) One base (any size) per entry... Multiple models permanently fixed to the single base are allowed. No armies on display boards though.

4.) Models painted within the time frame are looked upon favourably. (It is of course impossible for us to check). Please use this competition to come up with a new idea.

5.) Pictures can be no wider than 600 pixels or a print size of 25cm with 72dpi

6.) Maximum of two pictures can be posted. Single pictures of multiple views (montages) are allowed.

7.) The organisers of the competition have the right to refuse entry to any applicant if they feel it doesn't meet the criteria

8.) Voting. It is considered bad sportsmanlike to vote for yourself. You are voting on what you think is the most original, unique, clever conversion with the most groundbreaking painting techniques.

And good luck to all!!

The closing date is:

23:59 (GMT) 17th March 2007

KU

Last edited by King Ulrik Flamebeard; February 16th, 2007 at 16:41.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great idea, i look forward to seeing the entries
    leave the moderating to the moderators

if pro is the opposite of con, does that mean progress is the opposite of congress?

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Such a crazy idea... who in their right mind would even consider participating in a contest like this...monsterous. I like nice models. Cute is the word I try to live my life by.....
    but I just might make an exception this one time.
    Well, what the behind! Count me in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

As always im in! Gotta think of a good entry tho. for some reason a guardsman self harming springs to mind as being twisted but i doubt GW make a model like this!

Just to clarify, can ANY model with the monstrous creature rule be used? The reason I ask is that a wraithlord is a monstrous creature, but id say that was more of a vehicle and shouldnt be allowed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

It is not based off a rule, but the mini itself. The miniature must look monstrous or be acting so; these contests are rarely based off in game rules. So, if, say a wraithlord, to use your example, was doing something hidious; I dunno.. squeezing an ork till he popped or something.. then yes he'd fit.

I will try to answer as best I can, but really Leech will be the best judge here - if it fits his idea of the theme, then all is well.

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Finishing on St Patricks day you say?

Count me in, now I just have to think of something to paint..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by chemicalcaveman View Post
    Finishing on St Patricks day you say?
    St Paddy's day? Never realised it was that. Well, just aim to win; then you can celebrate in style!

KU

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

I'm IN!

Big and monsterous, eh? I'll have to warms up mah puttyin arm. ;D
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

I might have a go and i have a few ideas of what i think would be rather..."interesting" :lol:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

I'm (possibly) in, I have a few options, but I'll talk them over with Kuffy and see what he reckons, as one of them may not be appropriate for various reasons...

Anyway, here's me, signing on, for now, anyway.

-t.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by King Ulrik Flamebeard
    curtsy of Leech...
    Oh Kuffy, is there any way of you ever getting one of these contest posts right first time...?
    Last edited by minus_t; February 15th, 2007 at 22:45.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast