Defiler Idea - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Defiler Idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defiler Idea

hey guys...first post!!

I had this idea for a defiler mod...its a bit confusing to explain so I'll try my best.

Basically, because a defiler is supposedly controlled with a demon, I was thinking that to show this you could cut the head from a defiler then stick several of those clear plastic stick things that are used to hold up flying models in its place. Then take a biggish (for perspective) demon,I think a Lord of Change would be perfect for size, and cut it half-ish.

They idea being that you stick the top half of the demon to the defiler, the clear sticks holding it slightly above the top of the defiler....to cover this I suppose you could do some cotton wool or something for smokiness or maybe paint the cotton woll to give it that more ephereal feel!

Lastly you put the arms of the demon out in front (this is another reason why the lord of change would work well), next you make some '+' shapes out of matchsticks and stick them in the hands of the demon...finally run some thick nylon or string or something from the matchsticks the bits of the defiler like along the arms or something.

Basically (if I've still lost ya) the idea is to try and show a demon controlling the defiler so my idea would be kind of like a marionette deal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

lol its def an original idea...

so you mean the lord of change is working it like a puppeteer with the strings...

its not how i would go, but id use the cotton wool inplace of the flying sticks, what arm would you use for the lord of changes left arm as both available now have staff's in them that would be very tricky to remove, but then again you wouldnt need to cut the loc in half as his legs are removable and all you'd have to do is mask his groin area with the cotton wool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine
    If you buy a fire prism you get a complete falcon plus the extra bits required to make ti into a complete waste of space

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i suppose I could always scrap the idea of the LoC and just take a good looking demon, could always use arms froma different model...maybe those funky arms the chaios dreadnoughts have

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

No keep the idea of the floating lord of change. Its an awesome idea. BUT please drop the puppet master! Odds are it wont come out the way you wanted it, and the strings and matchsticks would look offsized. Just the lord, keep it simple but clever.

Unless you want to make a model that makes your enemies burst into laughter, which you follow up with defiling his entire army
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to use puppets, you might want to avoid a model that is as big as a defiler, that would be very tricky to do. I have seen some very good familiars using that same idea though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

I think that sounds interesting. If you are looking for perhaps a model that will be smaller and easier to convert than the current Lord of change you could try ordering some parts from the old Lord of change, here is a link.Games Workshop Online Store — Collectors Lord of Change (1 figure)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahh, the classic lord of change, such a funny/stupid/weird-but-mostly-funny model.

As for the idea, knock yourself out (or not as it might lead to court cases that i don't want to be in), I think it's a great idea! However, I would use green stuff (alot of green stuff) instead of cotten wool.
    W/D/L
    Crimson Fists 0/0/0
    Dwarfs 0/0/0 (work in progress)
    Chaos Retired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for all your comments. I have now ordered a defiler so I can actually see just how big it is, a friend of mine says that the defiler is just too big compared to even the greater daemons and that they will look too dwarfed by it. I supopse I couldget get a forgeworld one, thats probably bigger but then isnt that some kind of crime to ipe up a forgeworld model!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

The defiler is indeed a hulking beast. It's massive (and for such paper thin AV too, hohohoh) and it much bigger than a Greater daemon.

How about using a smaller daemon whispering in the defiler's ear.

I know it's stupid because technically defilers don't have ears.. but it would look damn cool to see a lumbering beast being controlled by the suggestions of a little daemon.

++ EDIT ++

Also, a big warm welcome to LO!

I hope you enjoy your time here as much as I do!
    if you have any questions or anything feel free to ask... well, anyone really

Papa Karmoon
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well that certainly is an idea...another idea I had was what if as opposed to having puppet-type strings leading to the defiler....what if I jad the demon with the arms in a certain way and the deiflers arms copying it - supose it depends on how easy it is to manipulate the deiflers "arms"

+ Reply to Thread