Unique greater daemon ideas - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unique greater daemon ideas

yay first post ever (bar my introduction)

now i dont know about you lot but i really dislike all 4 of the greater daemon models that GW produce... so i fort id make my own

these photos below are preliminary ideas only for a greater daemon of each of the chaos gods.
    hence why they are only the parts used all put together in paint cos my computer is rubbish and doesnt have photoshop
    oh and btw they will be greenstuffed etc

give me feedback please.... good points, bad points, changes i could make, the works

be as harsh and critical as you like

Lord of Change i need ideas for a staff top and left hand anyone?

Keeper of Secrets - although it doesnt look like it at the moment it will stand on its tail

Great Unclean One - yes i know he has a banner i just thought itd be cool

And finally my personal favourite, using rackham miniatures parts the mighty bloodthirster

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

I only like your Bloodthirster, because the rest look too thin. Anorexic gods are no fun
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because the rest look too thin
    thanks for the input but....

too thin?! all bar the LoC (nightbringer body so i can see what you mean there but its still larger than the normal LoC) and BT (cos its a rackham worg) they use the current generic greater daemon torsos i mean the GUO is blubbery as anything (if you exclude the forgeworld one)

of course it cud just be the pics

sorry for the rant im tired and cranky cos of my ear infection plus im at uni and have loads of work to do, but education is a demanding subject (apparently)

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

I love the LoC, he looks like a fallen angel (who's changed sides, geddit? )

Well, it beats that crappy super chicken model that they have right now.

EDIT: Just noticed that you're trying to add a chicken head, I'd leave it off. It looks so much better without. Actually that wouldn't make a half bad Daemon Prince either.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just noticed that you're trying to add a chicken head, I'd leave it off. It looks so much better without. Actually that wouldn't make a half bad Daemon Prince either.
    thank you and while personally i agree with you, i realize that tzeentchy daemons look rubbish but im trying to keep fluff, so its WYSIWYG aint it? Tzeentchy fluff says that the tzeentchian daemons are bird like so why not have a robed super magicky "death chicken" as you so comedically put it Triumph of Man?

what would you suggest in place of it? yes its the nightbringer model so it already has a face but i dont like it very much... any ideas? and for a staff top and left hand for the LoC?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

I know what you mean about some of the Greater daemons being odd. I liked the Great unclean one and the Lord of change (death chicken), but I was never too happy with the other two especially the Bloodthirster.

I like your ideas about these models and it would be cool to see them. Here are a few pictures of my own converted Bloodthirster from several years ago, fairly simple really. Hope it helps you with any needed inspiration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im liking sum of that. nice use of the jugger head, seen that on worldeaters dreadnaughts before but i dont think on a bloodthirster.... what did you use 4 the shoulder pads? they look like sum pewter rings i have, without the band. my fav part of that is the use of the humanesque BT face as a brass loin cloth.... howd u do it? greenstuff mold? or just sliced it of with a knife?

very inspirational thank you

im still looking for a staff top and left hand for the LoC? get your conversion minds into gear cos im completely stuck,

oh and as soon he parts arrive ill b posting up WIP pics in wherever they might go

Edited.... loving that base, im unashamedly stealing that

S-N
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

That is excellent work leech, I love that Bloodthirster! And that base is so cool!

I cannot wait to see the rest, keep up the good work!

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

I'd just as soon have emaciated daemons as fat ones. Or beefy. I personally would love to see a Greater Daemon representing a lesser power- that way one would have free rein to do what they wanted as far as modelling goes. Just say it's the greater daemon of Giss, the god of anorexia, or something. Then use eldar heads for your CSM, cause they starve themselves.

Whoops, off topic.

Nice Thirster.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Sycorax View Post
    what did you use 4 the shoulder pads? they look like sum pewter rings i have, without the band. my fav part of that is the use of the humanesque BT face as a brass loin cloth.... howd u do it? greenstuff mold? or just sliced it of with a knife?
    loving that base, im unashamedly stealing that
    The Bloodthirsters shoulder pads were very simple. I saw some plastic skull keychains for about a pound each. I bought two of them and then cut them in half. I had to file down the edges to make them more rounded so they would look more like armour. I then made some green stuff straps on the daemon's body to make them lokk like they were part of it's armour and not just floating on it's shoulders.

The human-like face I used as a cod-piece was just the daemon's original head cut in half, filed down and glued on. I think it is better because the original armour plate is too big and makes it look like the daemon would have it in the way of his legs when he walks.

The base is fairly and please unashamedly steal it. It is a lump of putty with skulls pressed in and then some spare parts from skeleton sprues all over the base. The Bloodthirster needed to be pinned to the top of the skull pile because it is heavy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast